Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

atm wanna bang my head against a wall Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    oops not hide, head. How do I change it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mMmMm*)
    I've had this feeling before where I just wanna bang my head against a wall. My guy friend just asked me out pretty much, another asked me out recently too before; it is usually when I've already mentioned how I think I have my eyes already on someone.

I feel like crap because I just feel like running fast away, when a close guy friend tells me this, that they want more. The reason being because I don't tend to fancy them back, I just don't. It makes me sad because I dunno what to say so just say that I have to go. Don't wanna ruin friendship, some of the guys are nice but as friends, nothing more. When they tell me it is like, how will I ever hold a normal convo or see you again, eachother the same way as good friends.

The thing is noone I actually like tells me this, if that was the case *swoon* life would be pretty easy but it isn't. It always tends to be a good friend who tells me these things who I don't think of as more and I wonder and wonder and wonder. Then I just feel like banging my head against a wall because I don't know what to say, how I feel and just want to rest my head from all the rushing thoughts. Running away from my problems. Somewhere far and alone, at least daydream about it. :rolleyes:
    Unless you're ugly, or they are gay, guys can't be friends with you for an extended period, because we are unable to separate attraction and the rest of our feelings.

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with lots of guys. It's a pain when they get the wrong signals but such is life I guess. Hopefully your friends will understand

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I haven't given any signals. Am mates with lots of guys too and would never think they thought of me like that but lately am finding more and more guys from 6th form telling me these things. My reaction is huh say whaaaaat?
    Yes you have, you're just not aware of it, or the guys have misinterpreted the things you do/say to them, or it's just how guys are, they can't remain friends with girls for long without developing feelings (sexual or otherwise).

Either way, if they're such good friends then what's the problem? And you seem to have a variety of choice.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I've had this feeling before where I just wanna bang my head against a wall. My guy friend just asked me out pretty much, another asked me out recently too before; it is usually when I've already mentioned how I think I have my eyes already on someone.

I feel like crap because I just feel like running fast away, when a close guy friend tells me this, that they want more. The reason being because I don't tend to fancy them back, I just don't. It makes me sad because I dunno what to say so just say that I have to go. Don't wanna ruin friendship, some of the guys are nice but as friends, nothing more. When they tell me it is like, how will I ever hold a normal convo or see you again, eachother the same way as good friends.

The thing is noone I actually like tells me this, if that was the case *swoon* life would be pretty easy but it isn't. It always tends to be a good friend who tells me these things who I don't think of as more and I wonder and wonder and wonder. Then I just feel like banging my head against a wall because I don't know what to say, how I feel and just want to rest my head from all the rushing thoughts. Running away from my problems. Somewhere far and alone, at least daydream about it. :rolleyes:
    You're 20 and you sound 16. Grow the **** up, take responsibility and say that you like them just as a friend. Clearly you haven't showed them that they are just in the friend zone, or you just have bad taste in men - your choice.

ReputationRep:
    He asked me out using those words, ask out.

What does it mean when they wanna go to the cinema with you?
    I assume nothing...asking if someone who you know might like X film if they want to go and see it, doesn't seem suggestive to me, I do it all the time. Different for different people I suppose. You're friends, you go to the cinema together, seems rather normal.

ReputationRep:
    i take the girl i like who is also my friend out for a few drinks then slip in a tablet and bring her back to my room and have sex with her body then in the morning i say we had a lot of fun and she drank too much but not to worry because i looked after her and brought her back safely

ReputationRep:
    Dont go out with anyone you dont have feelings for, its not fair on them or yourself.

Its difficult when your friends admit they have feelings for you, because if you dont like them back it could make your friendship awkard.
    Especially if its a close friend who you talk a lot to.

It also depends on the type of friend they are... with some friends its really easy to talk about it, tell them how you feel, and they try their best to understand, others kind of sulk and not contact you for a while (which is probably a good idea).

You'll have to eventually tell them how you feel, and maybe distance yourself a little, they should understand as they both know you like someone else.
    x

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Na lol when a guy usually asks, there is no specific film thought out, it is for the sake of going there. Usually there is no idea if there is anything decent to go see.
    ah I see so it's based on how decent the film is and possible the genre...what would you say about going to see...

1. Skyline

2. Monsters

3. Narnia (dawn treader)

ReputationRep:
    hmm bang your hide against a wall? Is that a euphemism OP... :coma:

out of place but appropriate for specific context smileys ftw?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by When will I know?)
    Dont go out with anyone you dont have feelings for, its not fair on them or yourself.

Its difficult when your friends admit they have feelings for you, because if you dont like them back it could make your friendship awkard.
    Especially if its a close friend who you talk a lot to.

It also depends on the type of friend they are... with some friends its really easy to talk about it, tell them how you feel, and they try their best to understand, others kind of sulk and not contact you for a while (which is probably a good idea).

You'll have to eventually tell them how you feel, and maybe distance yourself a little, they should understand as they both know you like someone else.
    x
    Thanks That sounds good!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember what the first 2 are about hmm really needta go see HP though :rolleyes:

From those 3 as I dunno the rest much I think, would have to be Narnia maybe

what so Narnia is a film that doesn't mean the guy is being suggestive or it means he is?

Skyline is a sci-fi movie, cross between independence day and something like cloverfield. Not got great reviews, bit of a B-movie I guess.

Monsters isn't out yet I don't think, or it's been released this weekend. It's about two people who travel across an area of America/Mexico(I forget) which has been quarantined because some sort of Alien infested probe has landed there. It's apparently more about the couples relationship and surviving the trip, then the Aliens themselves, they're more in the background.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It depends.

I remember watching Distinct 13 or whatever it was with those aliens in SA. Thought it was so bad that I wanted to leave the cinema after 30mins, if not 10mins could tell it was lame and not funny.

Personally thought it was a scifi movie attempting comedy.
    I see...it was really meant to be mockumentary(well second half of the film is more conventional) with a serious look at racism using Aliens rather then Africans..not sure how you got comedy from it. One of the best films of the year in my opinion. Maybe you're the type that prefers disney and the like? I know a few of those, we compromise, they sit through stuff like District 9, I sit through things like Mega Mind, Despicable me etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.