The Student Room Group

Escape from society...?

Every now and then i get a feeling, i feel desperate and sick about society, the one I live in, and all society's that's around, peoples behaviours, the endless problems that hunts me like a nightmare, it feel's like my soul is being sucked out, and my heart is starting to feel dry....

I dream of living a simple life, just because for some reason I find it so appealing. I had this fascination of all that is natural, i love animals, the sea, the mountains, sand and water, my mind and heart gets mesmerized with whats natural in our world.

I often seriously think, what if i just move out of society and head for the most natural, where can only meet a hand full of people, loads of animals, fresh air, mountains and rivers, go live there ........ fell my self with nature and all that is uncorrupted by humans, get really spiritually connected, and feel the natures natural healing power...

impossible......... then again maybe possible

Anybody has a deep love of nature, or do you think its just weird ?
Buddhist monasteries exist, go find one of them.
Reply 2
You know, the south of France is only three hour train journey away...
Reply 3
I feel the same. Haven't done anything about it yet. Only one way to find out!
Totally know what you mean. We'd be better off for it, too... healthier, at least.
Reply 5
Ray Mears has made a career out of it. I'm sure others can too.
Reply 6
Original post by Mr. Orange

Although I admire the Buddhist way of life. I am not a Buddhist, so I don't think they'll accept me :frown:

but thanks for trying to help me find a solution :smile:
Reply 7
Why do some humans seem to imagine that what is not human is natural, and how humans live it not natural. We are all products of the earth and the environment, we are all reducible to the same base matter.

You don't like our society, buy a farm in Wales.
Reply 8
Original post by paella
Why do some humans seem to imagine that what is not human is natural, and how humans live it not natural. We are all products of the earth and the environment, we are all reducible to the same base matter.

You don't like our society, buy a farm in Wales.

You are right...to a lesser extent. I can't seem to explain to you the feeling of it, abandoning your materialistic possessions to go and live in a life of simplicity. Personally, I don't think I can do it, but I can only aspire to have the guts to do so...one day.

by the way, you have made me crave for paella for some odd reason :smile:
Reply 9
I think it's quite achievable.
Original post by Adam Ben
Every now and then i get a feeling, i feel desperate and sick about society, the one I live in, and all society's that's around, peoples behaviours, the endless problems that hunts me like a nightmare, it feel's like my soul is being sucked out, and my heart is starting to feel dry....

I dream of living a simple life, just because for some reason I find it so appealing. I had this fascination of all that is natural, i love animals, the sea, the mountains, sand and water, my mind and heart gets mesmerized with whats natural in our world.

I often seriously think, what if i just move out of society and head for the most natural, where can only meet a hand full of people, loads of animals, fresh air, mountains and rivers, go live there ........ fell my self with nature and all that is uncorrupted by humans, get really spiritually connected, and feel the natures natural healing power...

impossible......... then again maybe possible

Anybody has a deep love of nature, or do you think its just weird ?

I should warn you that life in nature is not as enjoyable as it seems. You will get bored of it rather quickly and will miss the material confort of your old life. £££ will run out and there will be no going back.
But hey, it's normal to feel this attraction to nature, our instinct since the stone age is to be hunters after all!

:diep:

just kidding, don't actually go around murdering penguins. If you want to see nature, go to those lost villages in France, eat the homegrown food, rejoice at the simplicity of life there and when you're ready, go back to england with happy memories and life won't seem gray and sickening, but exciting and busy.

Just keep in mind that escaping is not the solution, you have to learn to be happy with what you have. Even little pleasures can become great joys with the right attitude.

Cheers
It's achievable. Go join the Amish.
Reply 12
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
I should warn you that life in nature is not as enjoyable as it seems. You will get bored of it rather quickly and will miss the material confort of your old life. £££ will run out and there will be no going back.
But hey, it's normal to feel this attraction to nature, our instinct since the stone age is to be hunters after all!

:diep:

just kidding, don't actually go around murdering penguins. If you want to see nature, go to those lost villages in France, eat the homegrown food, rejoice at the simplicity of life there and when you're ready, go back to england with happy memories and life won't seem gray and sickening, but exciting and busy.

Just keep in mind that escaping is not the solution, you have to learn to be happy with what you have. Even little pleasures can become great joys with the right attitude.

Cheers

haha maybe so...I'm a city boy after all...but the thing is I don't want "£££" (as crazy as it may seem, I know) I would like to live off the land basically...I know I sound some stoned hippie (i'm not :tongue:) but it seems so attractive.

hmm maybe I should visit France someday, thanks...I might just do that!
Reply 13
You sound like you just watched Into the Wild :smile:

http://www.thevenusproject.com/ this is what you need.
Original post by EggmanD
You sound like you just watched Into the Wild :smile:

http://www.thevenusproject.com/ this is what you need.

Damn I was about to tell the OP to watch that movie for therapeutic purposes. It basically cures you of any obsession with nature you might have.
Original post by Mr. Orange

There are more things apart classical Buddhist monasteries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending