Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anything but x-factor for Christmas Number 1 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what the potential options there are for an alternative to xfactor for xmas number 1 this year. I'd actually like it if Cher won but don't like the idea of a manufactured xmas no.1
    Rage did well last year and I reckon that this song is a contender if it goes viral in the same way, already had lots of coverage on twitter and fb....

anyone have any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Surfin' Bird would be amazing. And ****ing annoying.

X Factor as Number One is 4/7, indicating they expect something similar to last year.

ReputationRep:
    I think people would just end up hating Surfin Bird, though (if not already: I do). I think it should either just be a really good, classic song, or a totally inappropriate one:

ReputationRep:
    People don't have to go to the extreme of rage again, maybe just choosing the option after the x factor winner would be better. However this year a No.1 by Matt or Cher may be pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Obviously this

ReputationRep:
    If Wagner had won I wouldn't have minded at all if x factor got number one =P Still, as it stands I'm with surfin' bird

ReputationRep:
    i think surfin bird would be great, incredibly annoying but if they use the video at the start of this thread it would be so entertaining too

ReputationRep:
    Hey, why the neg rating for my suggestion? Some people ain't got not sense of humour

It's actually a good song

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be buying Slayer - Raining Blood, surfin bird, and Jalpen - 13th hour of sodomy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maveryck)
    Just wondering what the potential options there are for an alternative to xfactor for xmas number 1 this year. I'd actually like it if Cher won but don't like the idea of a manufactured xmas no.1
    Rage did well last year and I reckon that this song is a contender if it goes viral in the same way, already had lots of coverage on twitter and fb....

anyone have any other ideas?
    Just seen this guy doing a flash mob at Brighton Pier, full santa bikini and all.. horrific but hilarious!!

ReputationRep:
    I quite like the idea of Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.

ReputationRep:
    TBH guys.. giving a toss about the xmas number is not cool at all. Don't play their game.. As long as we're thinking about them they win.

ReputationRep:
    Wagner for x-mas number 1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    I quite like the idea of Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.
    Rickrolling the whole of Britain - I quite like the sound of that :awesome:

ReputationRep:

I also support Rick Astley in his plight to number 1!

ReputationRep:
    I think the Yeo Valley rap is trying to get to Number One as well... I love the owl in that advert.

ReputationRep:
    People still care about Christmas number ones?

ReputationRep:
    It sucks having to rob the number one like that from the winner of X-factor. If I had been on that show and I had been robbed a number one of the charts, I would be devastated. They should just start the show a week earlier so that they don't mess with the Christmas number one, though I don't care what it is.

If anything I would like the song to be Last Christmas by George Micheal. Some of you would probably want a Last Christmas version by Jedward or Wagner lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's like a music dictatorship. Every year it's like an attempted revolution...
    Quite sad that this is how it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha236)
    It sucks having to rob the number one like that from the winner of X-factor. If I had been on that show and I had been robbed a number one of the charts, I would be devastated. They should just start the show a week earlier so that they don't mess with the Christmas number one, though I don't care what it is.

If anything I would like the song to be Last Christmas by George Micheal. Some of you would probably want a Last Christmas version by Jedward or Wagner lol.
    The guy who won last year still got a number one the next week. They just want the Christmas spot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.