Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GUYS: Do you ever wish you were shorter? Watch

I'm height 6'2, (and 15 stone of muscle, so not as lanky as most guys my height) considerably more than average, stands out in most crowds, but not what you'd call "ridiculously tall". im also a little shy in loud places like clubs and am a little awkward at times

when im talking to women in loud places like clubs, i find it annoying to be shouting down at them, also i feel like its too try hard and i feel really self conscious.
    also people look at the big tall guy, expecting him to call the shots insticntivly, and i find it embarrasing not to take charge, i mean i hate leading people through crowds in clubs, and i feel embarrased to be following guys 6 inches+ shorter than me

anyone feel same?

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I like being tall.

ReputationRep:
    Im 5 11 and happy.

ReputationRep:
    Short guys rarely get the trouble you get. Mostly because women refuse to talk to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm height 6'2, (and 15 stone of muscle, so not as lanky as most guys my height) considerably more than average, stands out in most crowds, but not what you'd call "ridiculously tall". im also a little shy in loud places like clubs and am a little awkward at times

when im talking to women in loud places like clubs, i find it annoying to be shouting down at them, also i feel like its too try hard and i feel really self conscious.
    also people look at the big tall guy, expecting him to call the shots insticntivly, and i find it embarrasing not to take charge, i mean i hate leading people through crowds in clubs, and i feel embarrased to be following guys 6 inches+ shorter than me

anyone feel same?
    Awwww

But.. you'll get noticed more by girls
    I dont think there is anything to be embarassed about, if you're with your friend just enjoy yourslef, and dont be bothered about what others think.

ReputationRep:
    I like short guys sooo hello boys

(Original post by JayB124)
      Short guys rarely get the trouble you get. Mostly because women refuse to talk to them.
      Yeah. :cry2:

ReputationRep:

anyone feel same?
      http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...eIfSerious.jpg

ReputationRep:
      No.

:emo:

ReputationRep:
      im 184cm and its a great height to bee. im taller than 75-90% of people i see. i think 184 is 6ft. great height to talk to girls with and 3inches taller than average

ReputationRep:

anyone feel same?
      Haha I'm in exactly the same situation, height and all. But I never wish I were shorter...

...except in plane seats

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by charcharchar)
      I like short guys
      Same.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      **** no! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      Being 5ft 6.5"(cos the .5 is important m'kay? every little helps..) no I do not. In fact because of some orthopaedic insoles I've a few cm extra height, yay!...but it's a lie! It's not me........

ReputationRep:
      What about the girls that are like really short? They need men, and you are them Anyway, often really tall guys are too hard to reach on tippytoes

ReputationRep:
      In general I quite like being tall, but I know what you mean, sometimes I wish I didnt stand out so much.

ReputationRep:
      Nah, why would i? I mean, i'd still chat to people the same and be the same guy, but i'd limit my opportunities with the ladies considerably.

If anything, i want one more inch to add to my 6 foot frame.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by charcharchar)
      I like short guys sooo hello boys
      Hello.

I am 6'6", and I am constantly asked about my height. It does get annoying but I think it's kind of cool being tall, I'd rather be that than the opposite to be honest. If you think you stand out in crowds, then in comparison I stick out like a ridiculously massive sore thumb!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.