Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you do this? If so what do you do? How did you get involved? Do you enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    go on websites like do-it and v they frequently update their opportunities and will send you any new ones you may be interested in.

i worked in a PDSA charity shop over summer, it was an enjoyable experience but full of old women and i wanted something a bit more inspiring hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    I volunteered in an Oxfam shop last year, mainly because I was between jobs and needed something to do/stuff for the CV. They were having a 'new years resolution be a nice person' recruitment drive. It was good fun, the stereotype batty old ladies were out in force, I got to sit around occasionally eating cake that had been brought in. It was actually the most fun job I've had, it's just a shame it wasn't a real one.

ReputationRep:
    I volunteer in a hospital and with kids. I do enjoy it when I'm actually doing it, but it definitely requires long-term and sustained motivation.

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

I volunteer in a Residential home where people with severe physical disabilities reside. I do find it really satisfying and it's fun organising activities for those people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    go on websites like do-it and v they frequently update their opportunities and will send you any new ones you may be interested in.

i worked in a PDSA charity shop over summer, it was an enjoyable experience but full of old women and i wanted something a bit more inspiring hope this helped
    yeah I've already signed up to that and applied to put stuff on ebay for a cancer charity gonna look for something more hands on aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrospect)
    I volunteer in a hospital and with kids. I do enjoy it when I'm actually doing it, but it definitely requires long-term and sustained motivation.
    what do you do with the kids?

ReputationRep:
    Charity shops are always desperate for people. And you'll be really popular with the old dears if you're a big strong young man who can reach high up things and pick up the heavy thing.

Organise a charity fun run possibly not in December, but it'll take you a while to get it organised.

Look around for local events and ask if you can help out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    what do you do with the kids?

I work as a volunteer playworker at a club for children with complex needs and learning difficulties. The work involved varies a lot, from indoor games to outdoors-y sports events to cooking to arts & crafts. Normally there are one or two children who I work 1:1 with because they require extra care and attention.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.