Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PS3 vs. Xbox 360 - The Ultimate Verdict (Which is Superior?) Watch

• View Poll Results: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 - The Ultimate Verdict
    PS3
    57.25%
    Xbox 360
    32.82%
    Abstain - only ever played one, never played either, etc.
    9.92%

ReputationRep:
    Cast your votes as to which one you believe is more superior.

Don't just vote for the one you own if you have never played the other to compare.

Make your choice a summary of which one you believe is overall the superior product, in terms of everything.

ReputationRep:
    What a can of worms you've just cracked open.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know what you've just started thatcher.

I'm gonna go with the PS3, better exclusives...I own both consoles btw. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    What a can of worms you've just cracked open.
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    yehhh PS3
    Sold my Xbox to buy it

gta love the XMB and exclusives

ReputationRep:
    Xbox 360. I like talking to people on-line when I play multiplayer

I have owned both in the past but sold the PS3.

Neither. A social life is clearly superior.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      I own both so its all good :cool:

However the PS3 has better exclusives and the region free allows you to get japanese and american games. Also the graphics is better, especially with blue ray :sogood:

However, the presentation of Xbox live is way better, and the online community on Xbox 360 smashes the PS3 :coma:, which has like none :indiff:

It could sway either way, both have good exclusives of their own, however IMO the greatest exclusive (Halo) is xbox only :woo:

But people like different things, so it is a very close on I think.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aodhán)
      Xbox 360. I like talking to people on-line when I play multiplayer
      I thought you could do that with PS3?

ReputationRep:
      Currently I lean towards the PS3 mainly because I have it and prefer playing on it. I have played quite a bit on the Xbox 360 and never really got on with the controller, as evidenced the other week when me and some friends were playing split screen knife only black ops while waiting for our maths lecture and I kept throwing grenades randomly without even moving my finger in-between the trigger buttons. Whereas since the playstation controller basically hasn't changed much since I picked up a dual shock for my original playstation my hands have grown to be used to the layout, I also use the controller for the odd game on PC.

I prefer the exclusives on PS3, plus most decent Xbox 360 exclusives get released on PC as well. There is the odd thing which I would prefer to play on Xbox 360 for example Rock Band due to the full blown Rock Band Network and larger user base, and the odd gem like Dead Rising. But aside from that, I'd pick up things on a PS3 over an Xbox 360 any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by domino0806)
      Annoys me when idiots like you post this comment when it comes to video games. I play them regularly and enjoy them immensely, doesn't mean in the slightest I don't have a social life. Go out regularly on the weekends and have plenty of friends. So unless you have 1,245 facebook friends (you seem like that type of person, you know since you have a 'social life') who you know intricately you can shove that comment up your ass!

I voted 360 by the way, a lot better interfact and more enjoyable to play.

ReputationRep:
      I swear there actually used to be a sticky on this topic. :confused:

My vote is the Wii.

Otherwise, there's very little to choose between the two consoles for me. The RPGs on both are rarely console exclusive and the graphics quality isn't a big factor for me. PS3 might have the edge slightly due to having a Blue-Ray player, but as I have no Blue-Ray DVDs and don't intend on having any for a while, it's not that important.

ReputationRep:
      I have both but like them both equally, although xbox live is better than the ps3 version.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by domino0806)
      rofl if you get into Oxford say goodbye to your social life

ReputationRep:
      This debate never gets old!

I still stand here today as was when the console came out that I still and always prefer the PS3!
      The console I fell in love has not disappointed me yet! Blu ray player which ha come in handy,
      good games list, clean reliable system and one where Im happy with my purchase

Very subjective, but tbh I like both xbox has advantages over greater network and of course more games, but at end its a matter of preference!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Facticity)
      Also the graphics is better, especially with blue ray :sogood:)
      Blue ray is a storage device, it has nothing to do with graphics. The hype with blueray is because of its size it allows higher resolution textures to be stored on it compared to a standard DVD9 that 360 uses. However programming for 360 is far easier than PS3 so programmers build multiplat games for the 360 then port to the PS3 and hence the extra space is of no use as the multiplat games are limited to the size DVD9 can take. All multiplat games end up looking better on 360 than PS3 as they are optimised for 360. The PS3 exclusives are the only exception.

PC is superior to both by far.

ReputationRep:
      Sega Mega > all.
      But otherwise, I say between the two, to each their own. =]

ReputationRep:
      I abstained because I have both and I like them equally.

I also develop for both and they each have their own advantages and disadvantages compared to the other.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Psyk)
      I abstained because I have both and I like them equally.

I also develop for both and they each have their own advantages and disadvantages compared to the other.
      This, pretty much.

Which console you get just depends on what you're after in specific, they're both excellent.

ReputationRep:
      I like them both but Xbox gets boring real fast with the lack of new IP's so PS3 kinda trumps it.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.