Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Started self harming again... Watch

I used to self harm a couple of years ago
    and I've started up again and I hate it.

Things have been difficult, I'm struggling to concentrate at sixth form
    I feel quite lonely even though I have a fair few friends that I'm happy when I'm with. The worst bit is I've been doing stuff I shouldn't. I've been going on webcam to guys I've met on the internet and I feel absolutely nothing, I want to feel some sense of shame or regret but I don't. I've never had a serious boyfriend and even though I've been told multiple times I'm attractive etc, they all just want me for some fun then ditch me, however I am a virgin and have done some things sexually but not a lot. I guess I've just given up on thinking anyone will want me. I just feel I'll be alone forever, It'd be nice if someone just liked me for me.
    I can't even cry anymore, I just feel quite empty, especially when I'm alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I feel quite lonely even though I have a fair few friends that I'm happy when I'm with. The worst bit is I've been doing stuff I shouldn't. I've been going on webcam to guys I've met on the internet and I feel absolutely nothing, I want to feel some sense of shame or regret but I don't. I've never had a serious boyfriend and even though I've been told multiple times I'm attractive etc, they all just want me for some fun then ditch me, however I am a virgin and have done some things sexually but not a lot. I guess I've just given up on thinking anyone will want me. I just feel I'll be alone forever, It'd be nice if someone just liked me for me.
    Why don't you speak to a family member or a close friend about it. Or even your 6th form guidance tutor. I know it seems hard to talk to someone about this big issue, but trust me as soon as you tell someone you'll feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders. Trust that first step is really hard, but it's is worth it. Alternatively you can call samaritans as a first step, then work your way up from there to telling a someone you know.
    Please get in contact:http://www.samaritans.org/talk_to_someone.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Hey come on don't feel like that. School days are the worse days of our lives. I'm in sixth form and my life too sucks. All 5 of my best friends left after AS for college or work so i'm not really close to anyone there. I really want to go to university to make a better life for my family (it's not easy being the smart one) but i'm terriffied i won't get the grades. And i think i'm pretty messed up when it comes to men i've been stalked, flashed (ripped torsos)... The point i'm trying to make is life can get pretty miserable but at some point it will get better and everything you want can happen and at times you can feel empty and dark and shallow, but if you look at the world there is so much crazy **** going on annd even though it feels like you alone your not and i care and i really want you to stop self harming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Why do you resort to self harm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Why don't you speak to a family member or a close friend about it. Or even your 6th form guidance tutor. I know it seems hard to talk to someone about this big issue, but trust me as soon as you tell someone you'll feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders. Trust that first step is really hard, but it's is worth it. Alternatively you can call samaritans as a first step, then work your way up from there to telling a someone you know.
    Please get in contact:http://www.samaritans.org/talk_to_someone.aspx

Pretty much what this guy says.
    You're finding things difficult but the ways in which you are reacting aren't healthy.You need to talk to someone, preferably who's impartial and will give you advice that will best benefit you.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Why did you stop last time? Maybe it can work again.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself some goals in life, dude, and all the fog will clear up.
    "When we ignore where we sail towards, no wind is favorable" Seneca.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.