Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Soo has anyone got any offers or rejections yet from UCLan?

ive sent mine off last week, and jus got an acknowledgement yet

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off last Monday, and on the Tuesday morning I got this email below. Does everyone get this email?

Dear xxxxxxxx,

In order to improve our service to you we need you to confirm the email address you have supplied. Please click on the link below to confirm your email address.

Please remember to let us know if you change your personal e-mail address in the future by updating it via myUCLan, which you will be able to access once we have sent your UCLan network account details. Please DO NOT reply to this email. It has been sent by an automated process and no-one is monitoring replies.

If you have any concerns or queries about this email you can contact Learning and Information Services (LIS) Customer Support on +44(0)1772 895355 or email [email protected].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel1985)
    I sent my application off last Monday, and on the Tuesday morning I got this email below. Does everyone get this email?

Dear xxxxxxxx,

In order to improve our service to you we need you to confirm the email address you have supplied. Please click on the link below to confirm your email address.

Please remember to let us know if you change your personal e-mail address in the future by updating it via myUCLan, which you will be able to access once we have sent your UCLan network account details. Please DO NOT reply to this email. It has been sent by an automated process and no-one is monitoring replies.

If you have any concerns or queries about this email you can contact Learning and Information Services (LIS) Customer Support on +44(0)1772 895355 or email [email protected].

hiya Joel
    i too got this email the following day
    & then got a letter off them this morning (sent my application monday) saying they;d received my application & would be making a decision shortly

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good I haven't had the letter yet, but I have applied for English like you so may see you come September

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool stuff
    my letter was sent on the thursday & i got it saturday
    so you should probably receive it tomorrow or tuesday hopefully
    what offer are you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    yeeyy i got an offer for health psychology
    280points

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off on the 24th of November. I received a conditional offer on the 1st of December. They require 280 points, 40 more than what they was previously asking for, but inlcuding General Studies. So I need CCDD.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my first offer through from UCLan. It is for "Psychology". I am awaiting for two more offers from them. "Forensic Psychology" and "Psychology and Criminology". Forensic Psychology is the course I really want but still. The offer states all I need do is pass my access course. I am currently working at Merit level - so I am so in....

ReputationRep:
    Just got my first offer through from UCLan. It is for "Psychology". I am awaiting for two more offers from them. "Forensic Psychology" and "Psychology and Criminology". Forensic Psychology is the course I really want but still. The offer states all I need do is pass my access course. I am currently working at Merit level - so I am so in....

ReputationRep:
    congrats everyone
    if you dont mind me asking what made u want to go to UCLan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutela)
    congrats everyone
    if you dont mind me asking what made u want to go to UCLan?
    I was a geek about picking out my uni . There is a a whole back story about how I got on to my Access course (what I am doing now as a mature student) but lets skip over all of that and get to the "juicy" bits. I found a list of rankings for psychology (I was thinking about only considering Psychology and Criminology). I over a weekend went through all the Unis that did Psychology and Criminology, looked at the websites and then ordered prospectives (my postman hated me). Then when they came I went through them all (27 in total). I read through them all and then made three piles 'No', 'Maybe' and 'Yes'. Kept going through them every few days. Ended up with five, my choices to visit open days. Went to all five. Chester - I didn't like. Northampton - my local uni, Keele - amazing if I could get the credits and of course UCLan - perfect. My sister went on the long journey up there with me (3 hours one way) and said this was my uni like Northampton is hers. She said she could see me there and so could idea.

While it may not be the best out there (scores wise) I think I would love it all, after all uni isn't just about the studying. Plus they offered the transfer year (America 2012 - I have friends out there).

Sorry like a said a bit of a geek.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for sign language 240 pts

just put it as my firm

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for Forensic Psychology this morning. Same as my last offer so I am in. Going to UCLan in September!!! I am so happy right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel1985)
    Sounds good I haven't had the letter yet, but I have applied for English like you so may see you come September
    Ooh, I applied for English at UClan too, got a conditional - need a B
    which course you apply for? Lit?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone I applied for International Journalism at UCLan and got an offer yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Journalism, Media&Film and Pop.Culture and Comms. Just accepted my offer as a firm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren.mariie)
    Ooh, I applied for English at UClan too, got a conditional - need a B
    which course you apply for? Lit?
    I've applied for English Language Studies, and I've got a conditional now Have you applied for Lit and is UCLAN your first choice?

Might see you around in Sept!

ReputationRep:
    My application was sent on the 2nd of December for Public Relations and so far haven't even got a confirmation that they've got my application...all my other choices have already given me offers...getting kinda worried now >.<

ReputationRep:
    Anybody doin nursing?? Starting in April??

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Forensic Psychology at UCLan feels good man.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.