Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think about people from the Middle east ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys..
    I had this wired question while I was preparing my portfolio popping out.
    What do people outside the middle east; think about the middle east ?

In General ?, the way people live in the middle east.

ReputationRep:
    tea towels

ReputationRep:
    durka durka

ReputationRep:
    One of the hottest ethnicities :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    The ones I have had the pleasure of meeting are very friendly, even though they don't seem to like to initiate conversation with strangers very much. I was chatting with a family from Dubai the other day and they were very pleasant.

I don't think that answers the OP though :erm:

ReputationRep:
    People who live there or people who are from there?

ReputationRep:
    A man in my Chinese class (in China) is from Saudi Arabia. He's very talkative, enthusiastic and friendly - he doesn't seem to hold prejudices. If he does, he doesn't let any of them out, especially not in our class where every person is from a different part of the world. All the time I've spoken with him he's been a pleasant guy - probably the most talkative in the class, actually.

I don't know many people from the Middle East and can't base my opinion on just one person (or many, for that matter), so all I can say is that my classmate is an example of an open and generally nice person.

ReputationRep:
    I wish they'd stop thinking all western girls are whores and that it's acceptable to touch them up in the streets. Also that we're all rich and that it's therefore acceptable to rip us off because "it's Eid", "it's Friday", "there's a lot of traffic", "you're a foreigner".

Apart from that, they're also one of the most welcoming people, and they're always ready to help you with anything. They're also nice enough not to always answer in English when you're trying to speak Arabic, and they'll help you fill in your vocab gaps if you ask them nicely :p:.

And let's be fair, they've got homous and falafels. Can't beat that.

ReputationRep:
    I think historically it's a really interesting place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    People who live there or people who are from there?
    From there

ReputationRep:
    They're foreign.

ReputationRep:
    I have no Problem with anyone from the Middle Eats. They are always polite and Welcoming. Also the Food is Great !

ReputationRep:
    I think the people there are weird, ugly, and violent, always fighting or whatnot... I'd never wanna visit Middle Earth

ReputationRep:
    All a bunch of TERRibly nice people.

ReputationRep:
    Nice Chai

ReputationRep:
    I only know some english guy who grew up Qatar, he is an arrogant **** but Im sure the rest of them are nice lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    I think the people there are weird, ugly, and violent, always fighting or whatnot... I'd never wanna visit Middle Earth
    That's one of the countries in the middle east.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very fond of the sheiks and princes who build skiing resorts in the desert when a lot of their countrymen are dirt poor. But other than that can we really criticize the inventors of shish kebab?

ReputationRep:
    Middle Eastenders must be wicked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abady.f)
    that's one of the countries in the middle east.

read my post properly for the love of god

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.