Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My application form had already been sent for about 2 months and I didn't hear from them. Did anyone get the conditional offer??

ReputationRep:
    Only an acknowledgement so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el pollo diablo)
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    Only the acknowledgement. But as long as nobody else has heard anything I'm not gonna worry.

ReputationRep:
    oo my friend received an offer from Imperial on the 24th I think, and yes he applied for Biochemistry. But at this point no news is good news for you guys I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i recieved an offer of AAB, about 2-3 weeks ago and i applied around October 10th. I was invited for a departmental open day this wednesday but it has since been cancelled. I am not how many offers they have made though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04mjone)
    Hi, i recieved an offer of AAB, about 2-3 weeks ago and i applied around October 10th. I was invited for a departmental open day this wednesday but it has since been cancelled. I am not how many offers they have made though...
    Congratulatios!!Are you form England? I am an international student and I also applied around October 9th. Hope that they will reply me soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_silicon)
    My application form had already been sent for about 2 months and I didn't hear from them. Did anyone get the conditional offer??

(Original post by el pollo diablo)

(Original post by There will be Particles)
    Same.

(Original post by Sorenfors)
    Only the acknowledgement. But as long as nobody else has heard anything I'm not gonna worry.

(Original post by 04mjone)

You may want to have a look at these:

http://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/...432,ICUNS.html

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...327782072&ap=1

and please sign this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/lifesci/petition.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)
    You may want to have a look at these:

http://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/...432,ICUNS.html
    Oh my gosh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrinified)
    Oh my gosh.
    I don't think going to Imperial to do Biology or Biochem is a very good idea anymore.

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! what happened?!!! Do you know any detail about it?? Are these real, it's so hard to believe. Imperial college is my dream school!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, Imperial was one of my top choices. This might change my mind. And without a proper life science department the sausage fest at Imperial will spiral out of control entirely.

ReputationRep:
    has a lot of people get offer already?do u know?

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! what happened?!!! Do you know any detail about it?? Are these real, it's so hard to believe. Imperial college is my dream school!!
    Why is it your dream school? Bet you haven't even visited Imperial before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wcs)
    has a lot of people get offer already?do u know?
    I didn't get the offer. I read an article in this page http://live.cgcu.net/news/2179 It said that the admission officer is facing redundancy. Probably they are dealing with some other issues so offers are coming out very slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Why is it your dream school? Bet you haven't even visited Imperial before.
    yeah, you are right. I live in China so it's really a journey to be there. I have some friends who study biochemistry in Imperial college and they thought it is fantastic. The facilities and teaching quality are great, life is very convenient. What's your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you are right. I live in China so it's really a journey to be there. I have some friends who study biochemistry in Imperial college and they thought it is fantastic. The facilities and teaching quality are great, life is very convenient. What's your opinion?
    I went there last year to check it out... didn't like it at all for some reason! Prefer a place like Bristol, Exeter, Bath, Cardiff for Biochem. Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    I went there last year to check it out... didn't like it at all for some reason! Prefer a place like Bristol, Exeter, Bath, Cardiff for Biochem. Where have you applied?
    Oh, really. I know that Bristol is also a great school for Biochemistry. I get the offer from UCL, Bristol, York. I was rejected by Oxford.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Sorenfors)
    Oh no, Imperial was one of my top choices. This might change my mind. And without a proper life science department the sausage fest at Imperial will spiral out of control entirely.
    Don't make up your minds just yet.

We haven't officially heard anything from the College yet. We've only been informed about the restructure by the union.

Many of us believe that the implications of the restructure won't be as bad as the union thinks. But we can't say anything until we get told the facts by the College, which should be soon.

I thought you guys should be aware of the situation though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)
    Don't make up your minds just yet.

We haven't officially heard anything from the College yet. We've only been informed about the restructure by the union.

Many of us believe that the implications of the restructure won't be as bad as the union thinks. But we can't say anything until we get told the facts by the College, which should be soon.

I thought you guys should be aware of the situation though
    Thanks very much for letting us know, even with half the course missing I would rather go to Imperial than anywhere else :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.