Turn on thread page Beta

Buying Warm Clothing in January watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I'll be moving over to London second week of January for 6 months to study. I come from a tropical country, so the available range of warm clothing here is very limited and very expensive. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea for me to put off buying warm clothing until I arrive in London in January?

My worry is that by then, the clothing in sale would be for Spring/Summer already. Does anyone know the stuff on the racks come January would still be suitable for keeping warm the next 6 months?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, it'll be freezing til February/March at least! I buy winter clothes in the sale after Xmas all the time, it'll be fine You'd freeze if you landed in London in January in a T shirt though, it might be a good idea to have at least a jacket/heavier top for the first day!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.