Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you start university in 2011, does an English student pay 3 grand for the length of the degree, or is it 3 grand for the first year, then 6 - 9 grand for the remaining years of the degree? Thanks if anyone knows the answer!

By the way didn't know where to put this so sorry if it is in the wrong place.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I think you pay 3000 each year for the length of the degree.

ReputationRep:
    the rise in tuition fees wont affect you at all as long as you start your degree next year- the changes wont come into effect until 2012/2013 year. i think the actual sum is £3375 for the 2011-2012 year it goes up slightly each year in line with something- maybe inflation im not sure? but you will be paying around the £3000 mark each year for your degree so dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki_louise)
    the rise in tuition fees wont affect you at all as long as you start your degree next year- the changes wont come into effect until 2012/2013 year. i think the actual sum is £3375 for the 2011-2012 year it goes up slightly each year in line with something- maybe inflation im not sure? but you will be paying around the £3000 mark each year for your degree so dont worry!
    Thanks for the answer - so going to university means you could save up to about £18000 if you go in 2011 rather than in 2012?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1platinum)
    Thanks to the answer - so going to university means you could save up to about £18000 if you go in 2011 rather than in 2012?
    erm yeh i guess so, obviously the rise in fees hasnt defo been sorted yet because they need to vote on it, but i think its bound to go through some how.

what i will add though is that if the changes do go ahead you wont have to start paying it back until you earn over 21,000 once graduated- thats an increase of 6,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki_louise)
    erm yeh i guess so, obviously the rise in fees hasnt defo been sorted yet because they need to vote on it, but i think its bound to go through some how.

what i will add though is that if the changes do go ahead you wont have to start paying it back until you earn over 21,000 once graduated- thats an increase of 6,000
    But you''ll be paying a minimum interest rate of CPI at least as the interest rate unlike the current rate of bank rate plus 1%. The more you earn the higher the rate will be until you will be paying CPI plus 3%. Whereas currently it is bank rate plus 1% = 1.5%.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.