Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what are you wearing to a uni interview? Watch

ReputationRep:
    details please! Like what sort of length skirt is acceptable? I don't have any knee length ones and I look ridiculous in long skirts anyway so should I just wear trousers....?

ReputationRep:
    Just think of is as a job interview but a bit more casual..nothing shorter than you would wear to work I guess, doesn't mean it has to be over the knee though.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to wear my school shoes, trousers and a smart shirt. Not really a `tie and suit` person and I would rather feel comfortable with what I wear

I would say just make sure its appropriate (not short skirts), smart casual and that you feel comfortable with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just using it as am excuse to buy new winter clothes But yes much better to feel comfortable and wear clothes that suit your personality than being too formal I think I'm going to wear trousers/skirts and tights with my school shoes, and top with a warm cardigan or jumper.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, I had planned on wearing a kinda wooly dress with tights and boots, but then it was like -5 degrees in manchester, there was a blizzard, and the snow was like half a foot of the ground, so I settled on my dark navy skinny jeans, this navy lacey top from TopShop and my grey ankle boots (and obviously a coat but I took that off in the interview)

and everyone else I saw there was dressed pretty similarly. those I saw in full-on suits and tiny skirts and blouses looked really uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    The best piece of advice I ever recieved on what to wear was: it is better to be the only person in the room with a suit on then the only one without one on. If you aren't comfortable in a suit, were something formal which you are comfortable in (unless they state specific stuff they suggest you wear).

ReputationRep:
    Bikini

ReputationRep:
    Im wearing a black dress, its above my knee but isnt low cut around the neck or anything, and is plain (not sparkly or glitzy haha!) with some small heels x

ReputationRep:
    This thread is making me want an interview just so I can get some new clothes... :blush:

ReputationRep:
    Jumper, dress, at least 5 pairs of tights :fluffy: IT'S SO COLD!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.