Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to get short term gf for Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Considering by Xmas day we would have been together 2ish months?
    I thought some kind of jewellery. Or perfume?
    Kind of plain presents though really :/

On the other hand. Girls, if your boyfriend smokes, i would definately recommend a Zippo lighter. The good thing is you can get it engraved as well. Really random but i bought myself one (couldnt be bothered to wait for xmas) and i love it, i sometimes just light it for the smell lol.

But back on subject, any other ideas?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you've only been going out for 2 months, don't get anything stupidly expensive. Chocolate is always welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Just get her something sweet. A framed photo of you both is always nice

ReputationRep:
    Flowers

Cartier diamonds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)

On the other hand. Girls, if your boyfriend smokes, i would definately recommend a Zippo lighter. The good thing is you can get it engraved as well. Really random but i bought myself one (couldnt be bothered to wait for xmas) and i love it, i sometimes just light it for the smell lol.

Thanks
    (Good) perfume can be quite expensive, as can jewellery. It might be worth asking her if she likes costume jewellery from Accessorize, Topshop etc. Going window shopping with her or paying attention to what she's wearing can be a good way to find out what she likes. Otherwise, surprising her could be a bit risky. If she likes books, you could get her something by her favourite author, or perhaps something you've read that you think she'll like. If she's into fashion and likes nice things, going round vintage shops, quirky boutiques etc can be productive. I bought my friend a wooden handled Morris & Co. umbrella with a really gorgeous print, and she loved it.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    How much you thinking of spending?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a bracelet is nice! Not too expensive, but nice and simple, just to show that you care

ReputationRep:
    We are spending up to £100 on eachother.
    Jewellery is easy as my parents have a jewellery shop so i get it really cheap lol.

ReputationRep:
    £100 for a 2month relationship. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Maybe a bracelet is nice! Not too expensive, but nice and simple, just to show that you care
    I agree with this. Maybe get her like a sterling silver bracelet, they're not ridiculously priced, and they look nice for going out. Also, bracelets are more personal than things like chocolate so she'll probably appreciate it a lot.

ReputationRep:
    A bottle of wine/champagne and chocolate with a nice and personal card I'd be happy, it's something we could enjoy together. If you go with champagne it encourages some sexy time :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    True dat! My wife and I don't spend £100 on each other, and we've been together... <calculates> 113 months!

ReputationRep:
    On our first Christmas together my boyfriend bought me a silver bracelet with 4 little silver charms that he had picked out on it specially for me. I think it was about £30, and I absolutely adore it! I've worn it pretty much every day since and that was 2 1/2 years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    On our first Christmas together my boyfriend bought me a silver bracelet with 4 little silver charms that he had picked out on it specially for me. I think it was about £30, and I absolutely adore it! I've worn it pretty much every day since and that was 2 1/2 years ago
    How can any Christmas have been two and a half years ago? :s

ReputationRep:
    £100 on a two month relationship???

Ive been with my boyfriend for 2years and we don't even spend that on eachother :lolwut:

Personally I think sentimental presents are so much nicer. For example my boyfriend knows how important animal charities are to me so last christmas he sponsored a dog from dog trust for me :love: . I liked it because he knew I didnt actually NEED anything... and rather than getting a nice but pointless gift I would prefer the money to go to good use.

But yeah... for an new relationship don't spend a shed load of money.
    Chocolates, a CD or DVD she has been wanting to get, or tickets to something like a concert? I like the tickets idea because it's an experience you can share together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    We both earn a lot

ReputationRep:
    Jewellery is easy as my parents have a jewellery shop so i get it really cheap lol.
    Get her Gucci by Gucci perfume, its amazing =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    Fail.

ReputationRep:
    I read this as WANT to get a short term gf for christmas :P

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of whether you earn a lot, that seems a bit excessive for a two month relationship! The gift has to match the level of the relationship, not just the income of the giver.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.