Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

most annoying things on public transport to you. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ill start:

- at stations with barriers, people getting off the train forcing their way through both sides of it when your train is about to leave.
    - People who act drunk
    - people with bikes/animals blocking the doors
    - this guy farted last night and it was one that you had to hold your nose for
    - people who put feet on the seats when the trains full

You can tell I hate it by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    Ill start:

- at stations with barriers, people getting off the train forcing their way through both sides of it when your train is about to leave.
    - People who act drunk
    - people with bikes/animals blocking the doors
    - this guy farted last night and it was one that you had to hold your nose for
    - people who put feet on the seats when the trains full

You can tell I hate it by now
    -When people bring their bikes on to trains and take up loads of room, especially if it's full.
    -People who stand up like 5 whole minutes before their stop...it's not going to go without letting you get off, idiots.
    -When you get to the platform and the door shuts as soon as you get there.
    -The way trains only come to small towns once an hour. I live 10 miles from my sixth form centre, if I miss my train, I'm screwed.
    -When people you don't know sit next to you and the train isn't full.

ReputationRep:
    People who sit next to you on busses that smell disgusting.
    When its full of old people that complain about young people.
    Theres always a chav screaming at their kid too.
    Theres also a bus I get that goes past a prison, and the chav people always go to visit people there with their million kids, talking to eachother about what benefits they get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raari)
    People who sit next to you on busses that smell disgusting.
    When its full of old people that complain about young people.
    Theres always a chav screaming at their kid too.
    Theres also a bus I get that goes past a prison, and the chav people always go to visit people there with their million kids, talking to eachother about what benefits they get.
    LOL! Oh good Lord, how do you manage to restrain from shooting them?!

ReputationRep:
    When trains wait for ages at a station with the doors open. Hordes of kids getting on a bus. Fat people who spill over the armrest onto me. People who sit next to me when there are neighbour-free seats available.

ReputationRep:
    When people think that because they're bigger they deserve half of your seat as well :mad: I paid for a full seat, I'm getting a full seat, I don't care if I'm small! I will erupt at someone eventually for having their elbows in my face half way across my seat!? That and when the bus is totally empty and a person passes by 12 empty seats just to try and sit in the empty seat beside you, I hate that! I like to be on my own. Of course I'll move in if there are no other seats, I'm not one of those passengers! But I will NOT move if there are loads of other seats.

ReputationRep:
    Stupids chavs sat in the back of a bus!!!

ReputationRep:
    People farting on the train. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Chavs screaming and shouting as if they're the only people on the bus

Chavs blasting some dizzie rascal song on their phone speaker

Mums with pushchairs who don't place them in the best most effective way so as to provide more space for others

People who are eating something that doesn't particularly smell nice, like some **** cheese and onion sandwich :puke:

Old people who don't say thank you when you get up and offer your seat to them

People who speak unbelievably loud on their phone and you can hear the whole conversation

Kids that are crying, oh lord there's nothing more ****ing annoying than a crying kid...I feel like pulling my nuts out :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when the roads are cleary not icy but the bus refuses to turn up.
    When you just want to get home when its cold, and you get a bus driver talking to a fellow bus driver for 10 minutes while stopped.
    How the bus driver shouts at you to sit down when there is no seats.

ReputationRep:
    People who speak so that every being can hear yet don't say anything remotely 'interesting.'

One thing I do love about fat people getting off at the same stop as me on a crowded bus/train is that if I let them go first, they'll make a parting for me. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The bus not turning up for ages and standing in the freezing cold.
    The fact that public transport almost invariably takes longer than driving. I used to have a car, so while I'm standing outside freezing my ass of going nowhere, all I can think about is how if I had a car I would already be at my destination.
    People who play music.
    People who don't move back when the bus is really full. They insist on standing right at the front so people have to squeeze past them in the gap which is like 3 feet wide and lined with people on both sides... WHY DON'T THEY MOVE?! Idiots!

ReputationRep:
    School kids every morning - school doesn't start until 8:45 yet they get on the bus at 7:55, making the next 10 minutes really uncomfortable and they all sit on two seats each shouting across the rows, so irritating. WHY DO THEY NEED TO GET ON IT SO EARLY.
    The result of which is a very very full bus driving past stops with college people waiting who have the 45 minute ride who are then late for college and have tutors really pissed off at them. -_-

Anyway. The lone man or woman or kid who jumps up as soon as a two seat is empty to get it all for themselves so two people are separated for the ride sat next to strangers

Grumpy bus drivers.

The girls who screech and scream really loudly all journey.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to pay for a ticket on a bus with a £5 note last night. The driver looked at me as though I'd unzipped my trousers and flopped Junior James right into his hand.

I'd like to stress that I haven't done that for months.

ReputationRep:
    People eating something gross like cheese and onion crisps, sausage roll.. or pretty much anything.

ReputationRep:
    When people cough without putting their hand to their mouth.

I feel like holding my breath until I get off, but unfortunately I'd be dead by the time I'd arrived at my destination.

Also, when there are no seats left and you get on the bus and everyone stares at you with a smug look on their face.

I could write an essay on this... I'm not going to though!

ReputationRep:
    People who get on at the 2nd last stop on the tram, even though they're going the other way, so they can have seats. If you know what I mean. Especially when the tram is really crowded and those people who get on are so fat they're literally spherical :|

ReputationRep:
    What you mentioned in not very typical. I've never come across most of the things you mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    When the bus smells like farts... and dog farts.

I don't understand why people need to take their big smelly dogs to the centre of town with them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    LOL! Oh good Lord, how do you manage to restrain from shooting them?!
    hahahaha i know, its very hard
    most common thing they talk about is when the person they're visiting is getting out, what they did etc.
    Their kids are all over the place and im just sat there like :hmpf:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.