Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have an interview for Bath Spa Uni for the Primary PGCE. Just wondered if anyone else had been to an interview there and what to expect?

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

Have you had ur interview yet? I had mine today just incase you still need advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi EmmaGorton,

I have an interview at Bath Spa for the General primary PGCE next month. I am very nervous so any info about the day / tips etc. would be greatly appreciated.

How was the maths test & the group discussion?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I had my interview on the 20th December... still havent heard back. Has anyone else from then? I am desperate to know, I keep thinking no news is good news but then I also know it probably isn't!

ReputationRep:
    They still haven't received numbers on how many places they'll have, and have said that they are holding off until then.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they said that they would let people know if they had been unsuccessful though? I was wondering if anyone had heard about that?
    I am kind of going on the reasoning that no news is good news but I was really ill for the interview so just have no idea how it went!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I had an interview on the 5th of Jan at Bath Spa, yet to hear anything but still early days. I thought people would hear sooner rather than later if they didnt get in getting nervous I just want to know!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Are any of you that have had your interview at Bath Spa able to offer any advice about the day?

I'm so nervous!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone end up getting in to Bath Spa?

x

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer only a couple of weeks ago...they put me on a waiting list (due to my maths score..not my strongest subject lol) but they didnt actually tell me i was on a waiting list, but then i got an email from them wanting to offer me a place! woop! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmaw1989)
    I got an offer only a couple of weeks ago...they put me on a waiting list (due to my maths score..not my strongest subject lol) but they didnt actually tell me i was on a waiting list, but then i got an email from them wanting to offer me a place! woop! x
    Well Done Do you live in Bath usually or will you be moving there?

x

ReputationRep:
    I actually did my degree at Bath uni and graduated last year but I'm planning on moving in with my Bf as he works in dorset, going to try to find somewhere in the middle...

Do you know where were likely to get placed, i seem to remember them saying that they wouldnt place us far from Bath? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmaw1989)
    I actually did my degree at Bath uni and graduated last year but I'm planning on moving in with my Bf as he works in dorset, going to try to find somewhere in the middle...

Do you know where were likely to get placed, i seem to remember them saying that they wouldnt place us far from Bath? x
    I think they said that it would be like a maximum of an hours journey away or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi to all those that will be commencing PGCE courses at Bath Spa this coming September. I just thought I'd let you all know a little bit more bad news with regards to funding, for those students starting PGCE's at Bath Spa this September.

Bath Spa University have recently reduced the university bursary amount available to PGCE students for 2011/12. Last year the maximum amount available was £1200, but this has been reduced for those starting in September this year by £700 to £500 maximum.

This has made me rather angry, as the amount stated in all the university literature about courses starting in 2011/12 has always stated £1200. The university have not informed students about this change, I only found out when I noticed the amount had dropped from what was previously stated on the website. Furthermore, this has only been revised recently, once everyone has confirmed their acceptance of offers.

I looked into all the funding options carefully before applying & accepting, to ensure that I could afford to undertake the course. £700 is a very significant amount to now find out I do not have available, particularly taking into account the scrapping of the TDA bursary for the majority of courses. I have emailed the university to vent my unhappiness at this situation & suggest that you do the same, as perhaps they might then reconsider (baring in mind that for undergraduate courses the amount available is £500 for year 1 & then £1200 for subsequent years).

I think that to reduce the bursary this year, when we are all going to be struggling to survive without the TDA bursaries is a very poor decision indeed!

Lala

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.