Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best hair straighteners EXCEPT ghds? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Heya

I'm trying to get a really nice pair of hair straighteners for my friend's birthday, but ghds are a little pricey....I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some other good ones which are a bit cheaper?

Thanks!

xx

ReputationRep:
    urm these are around £100 but as good as the ghds, Corioliss C2 Nano straighteners or you can try remmington

I'd second the rec for Remington. Both me and my mum have them and they're excellent. The ones we have go up to 230 degrees but you can adjust the temperature.

ReputationRep:
      yeah remington is great!! I have the S8203 and I straight my hair in 5 min and it shines and looks naturals

ReputationRep:
      My girlfriend has just bought the Nicky Clarke Desired straighteners, and highly recommends them - good heat, rapid heat up and good results. And they are half price in boots at the moment, making them £40 , which is a bargain

ReputationRep:
      i think a handbag is more suitable as a birthday gift.

ReputationRep:
      as a matter of fact, i gave a replica bag to my friend and she like it very much

ReputationRep:
      Corioliss.
      I have the hairdryer, and it's the best thing I've ever bought!
      They look good, too

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.