The Student Room Group

Personal ID not on the database?

Hey, I am a student applying to Oxford to study Physics. I received an E-mail from my chosen college (Merton) telling me I would be interviewed by a different college. Today they E-mailed me (St Edmund Hall) and asked me to fill in contact details etc. on a form. The first bit I had to fill in was my personal ID number - I took this to mean the Personal ID number I use to log in to track. However, I was told the number was not on the database. However, it still works for track. Am I using the wrong number? or could it just be because I was shifted colleges? Help appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by tory88
Hey, I am a student applying to Oxford to study Physics. I received an E-mail from my chosen college (Merton) telling me I would be interviewed by a different college. Today they E-mailed me (St Edmund Hall) and asked me to fill in contact details etc. on a form. The first bit I had to fill in was my personal ID number - I took this to mean the Personal ID number I use to log in to track. However, I was told the number was not on the database. However, it still works for track. Am I using the wrong number? or could it just be because I was shifted colleges? Help appreciated.

Sorry Merton wouldn't interview you :frown: But well done for getting one anyway!

I think there's a different number to your track number, which should be on a letter somewhere. If you can't find it, email Julie Gerhardi at Merton or the admissions officer at Teddy Hall, and they'll tell you what to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Bezzler
Sorry Merton wouldn't interview you :frown: But well done for getting one anyway!

I think there's a different number to your track number, which should be on a letter somewhere. If you can't find it, email Julie Gerhardi at Merton or the admissions officer at Teddy Hall, and they'll tell you what to do.

Thanks, I've E-mailed Edmund Hall's Admissions tutor to ask for it as I can't find anything on the letter. I wasn't too shocked about Merton as I know they're very hard to get into and I don't think the PAT went that well.
Don't be worried about not getting an interview at Merton. Teddy Hall's way better anyway.
:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by WorcesterSevern
Don't be worried about not getting an interview at Merton. Teddy Hall's way better anyway.
:smile:

Oi! You know Merton's better. At least we have a chef. I might come to formal with you if I think I can stomach it...
Reply 5
Having been to the interview and eaten the food, I have to say I was impressed all round. They've got a new chef so the food was good, and the grounds are stunning. The student helpers were really friendly too, now all I've got to do is wait for that dreaded letter.
Stunning grounds, at Teddy Hall? You sure :wink: we have a pretty front quad, but unless there are parts of teh college i'm yet to discover..
Reply 7
Original post by WorcesterSevern
Stunning grounds, at Teddy Hall? You sure :wink: we have a pretty front quad, but unless there are parts of teh college i'm yet to discover..

I tend to have rather selective vision when it comes to walking about - the front quad and the church are both great, the rest I seem to have glossed over (especially a certain concrete monstrosity).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending