The Student Room Group

NSPCC Facebook Campaign: Load of Bull.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
did anyone mention how terrible the nspcc are i couldn't be bothered reading the thread

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2002/feb/19/childprotection.comment
Reply 101
are the rumours true that paedo's started this cartoon thing ?
Original post by ChrisBan
I don't think its specific to NSPCC. I have some American friend who changed their profile pics before any of my UK facebook friends.

I thought it was from cartoon Network: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108715275864151 ?
I haven't changed my photo. The only one I could think is Pikachu and about 9 of my friends already have that anyway. One of the girls from my course had a go at me about it yesterday and I pointed out that my main christmas present for the last few years has been sponsoring an Indian child through Plan, my family does Water Aid, I work in Oxfam Books in the holidays and at home we have a change pot which goes towards Save the Children. She on the other hand admitted to doing absolutely nothing but felt it was important to "raise awareness".
If you give money and change your picture, fine. If you change your picture and nothing else, what's the point?
Original post by Holly Hiskey
I thought it was from cartoon Network: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108715275864151 ?
I haven't changed my photo. The only one I could think is Pikachu and about 9 of my friends already have that anyway. One of the girls from my course had a go at me about it yesterday and I pointed out that my main christmas present for the last few years has been sponsoring an Indian child through Plan, my family does Water Aid, I work in Oxfam Books in the holidays and at home we have a change pot which goes towards Save the Children. She on the other hand admitted to doing absolutely nothing but felt it was important to "raise awareness".
If you give money and change your picture, fine. If you change your picture and nothing else, what's the point?

I bet the girl from your course soon shut up after you reeled off what you do for charity :five: I dont think the Cartoon network has anything to do with this, I just think the guy who created that used the logo on a play of words... social network moving to a cartoon network :dontknow: but there is no mention of it on their homepage so thats what I would assume is the case.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ChrisBan
I bet the girl from your course soon shut up after you reeled off what you do for charity :five: I dont think the Cartoon network has anything to do with this, I just think the guy who created that used the logo on a play of words... social network moving to a cartoon network :dontknow: but there is no mention of it on their homepage so thats what I would assume is the case.

Spoiler

She did stop pretty quickly after that :biggrin:
Oh I seee. One of my friends told me that was why they changed theirs but I don't really know how it spread so fast!
someone spiked my drink of a uni field trip and I fell off a roof haha. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending