Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth university was my first choice and I had decided if they were to give me an offer I would accept them as my firm. They normally ask for ABB but to my suprise they want me to get BCC which i'm very happy about. The only problem is my other offers ask for grades higher than this :/ plymouth - BBB Essex - 320 points. I'm still waiting for bath spa whose website asks for 260-300 points but I don't really want to go there.

I really want to go to portsmouth but our school always tells us to pick an insurance choice that asks for grades lower than our firm :/ what should I do?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to choose one with lower grades, my advice for insurance choice is don't put one down just because it's got lower grades if you wouldn't want to go there. If you are convinced you'll get BCC easily, then you don't even really need an insurance choice!

Oh and congrats on the offers =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyper-maniac92)
    Portsmouth university was my first choice and I had decided if they were to give me an offer I would accept them as my firm. They normally ask for ABB but to my suprise they want me to get BCC which i'm very happy about. The only problem is my other offers ask for grades higher than this :/ plymouth - BBB Essex - 320 points. I'm still waiting for bath spa whose website asks for 260-300 points but I don't really want to go there.

I really want to go to portsmouth but our school always tells us to pick an insurance choice that asks for grades lower than our firm :/ what should I do?
    If it was your first choice, you should put Portsmouth down anyway and, if you have no other suitable offer, forget an insurance or choose one known for leniency. If you've applied for a course with ABB offers, you'll probably get BCC.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I was also wondering if it would be wise to withdraw my application to bath spa so that I can make my decision straight away? or should I wait to hear back from all 5 universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyper-maniac92)
    Thanks I was also wondering if it would be wise to withdraw my application to bath spa so that I can make my decision straight away? or should I wait to hear back from all 5 universities?
    If you definitely don't want to go to Bath Spa and have the decisions that you want back, then withdraw it and get cracking. However, you don't have to reply this early, so if you have any doubt, then there's no rush.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.