Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this girl using my friend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So a friend of mine has ASKED me to post this on tsr and i'm not interfering/doing it behind his back.
    So yeah, there's this girl who he's liked for around 3 years now. They started off as friends, got really close to the point where they were almost dating which is when she started taking him for granted and started treating him like ****. He did the right thing and told her to piss off and she came back to him after a lot of begging and pleading from her that she had changed.
    So off late, they have started getting really close again. They go out twice a week(HE PAYS), they talk on the phone everyday etc, but when he asked her if she wanted to go out with him , she said that she wanted to concentrate on her career and wasn't ready for a relationship at the moment. So she 'uses'? him in the sense that she gets to go out twice a week to a restaurant/the cinema and he pays for everything and then she still can't commit to a relationship. My friend says she's changed and is a much better person than she was but I doubt it and feel that he's just being used. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    'Friend' yeah...

ReputationRep:
    OOO, when im in uni im going to try and grab a friend that can pay me for everything. Tip: Always act hard in uni.

ReputationRep:
    If she isn't interested in him in that way, she should stop going out with him twice a week and leading him on. SO yeah, I would say it sounds like she is using him! *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    'Friend' yeah...
    seriously
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Surely they are in a relationship in all but name?
    What would change if they were dating apart from facebook relationship status?

So yes, her excuse about career is a pile of bull****.

ReputationRep:
    All we have is.
    - He pays for everything (which doesnt seem like THAT much.. )
    - She isnt interested in full blown relationship.

Hard to tell.
    She could be using him, maybe she likes him a little bit but knows she can have fun etc with him until she wants him gone.
    Or.. maybe she really isnt ready for a relationship, that happens often, and he is just a nice guy who always offers to pay for everything because he likes her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    If she isn't interested in him in that way, she should stop going out with him twice a week and leading him on. SO yeah, I would say it sounds like she is using him! *****.
    No she says she does like him but isn't ready for a relationship for atleast the next 2 years as her career is her top priotiy

ReputationRep:
    Wow shes hecka sly girl, dayummmm!!
    Yeah your friend is so being used; he gives money, food and entertainment while she gives a few minutes worth of words. What a great equally-give-and-take relationship they have going on there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Surely they are in a relationship in all but name?
    What would change if they were dating apart from facebook relationship status?

So yes, her excuse about career is a pile of bull****.
    well exacuse me for being shallow, but there is no 'physical' side to their relationship at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastchristmas)
    No she says she does like him but isn't ready for a relationship for atleast the next 2 years as her career is her top priotiy
    That sounds like bull**** tbh. She's probably just saying that so your friend will continue to take her out :confused:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastchristmas)
    well exacuse me for being shallow, but there is no 'physical' side to their relationship at all
    Well then your 'friend' should tell her that until she is ready for a relationship they should not see each other as much and split the costs.

Because otherwise he is going to be poor, head over heels in love, and that will not help him when she finds someone she deems as better.

ReputationRep:
    Lol worthy, he's upset cus she won't pay for the meals...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.