Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men prefer to travel everywhere in groups!! Watch

Is it me or do guys always prefer to go places in groups, like the shops and the supermarket?

It must be a *strength in numbers* thing.

Men seem most confident when they're part of a collective, and when out on their own, they seem sheepish.

Am I just generalising here?

ReputationRep:
    No, that's women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    No, that's women.
    this. we girls physically cannot go to the bathroom alone when out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I get that.

As a woman, i can't really stand being in a group, 3 other people is enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or do guys always prefer to go places in groups, like the shops and the supermarket?

Men seem most confident when they're part of a collective, and when out on their own, they seem sheepish.

Yes you are :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    this. we girls physically cannot go to the bathroom alone when out
    This is not true for me, I have to be totally alone or I get some sort of bathroom stage fright. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    We don't need a group to do everything, but we prefer it. Girls need a group to do anything, even go to the toilets.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer doing things alone actually. Unless I'm going out to a club, bar, pub or somewhere social, then obviously I'm not going alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    This is not true for me, I have to be totally alone or I get some sort of bathroom stage fright. :confused:

I get that too

ReputationRep:
    haha just me and my friends then maybe we like to go have a quick chat there.

the bathrooms at nandos are the best, they have really loud latino music going on in there, we always dance to it lol. I always get worried when we come down the stairs that the people behind the counters have seen us on cttv and are laughing at us

ReputationRep:

you got it wrong, its women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I get that too
    Lol, it's weird isn't it? I mean we're safe in our own little cubicles but still...

(Original post by Mally-xo)
    haha just me and my friends then maybe we like to go have a quick chat there.

the bathrooms at nandos are the best, they have really loud latino music going on in there, we always dance to it lol. I always get worried when we come down the stairs that the people behind the counters have seen us on cttv and are laughing at us
    Nah it is quite a girly thing to do. You should see the new bathrooms at Warwick Uni's Varsity. Tis like a sexy boudoir in there.

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? You don't see men that ask their mates to go with them to the toilets. :rofl:

I think you are. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Are you kidding me? You don't see men that ask their mates to go with them to the toilets. :rofl:

you do, actually. but only when they are going to do massive drugs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost always alone when I go to those places, so yes, generalising.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, it's weird isn't it? I mean we're safe in our own little cubicles but still...

Nah it is quite a girly thing to do. You should see the new bathrooms at Warwick Uni's Varsity. Tis like a sexy boudoir in there.
    I don't like the thought that people can hear me peeing, they might judge me if I pee for ages :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I don't like the thought that people can hear me peeing, they might judge me if I pee for ages :teehee:
    Yeh there is that issue. I used to have that general fear of bathroom noises. But I'm pretty sure I'm past that element of fear. Meh lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yay let's have more and more generalisations separating "all men" and "all women"...

ReputationRep:
    You get more done on your own, but almost everyone likes going places with another person(s), it's just social.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.