The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathperson
No, I was listening to the people in the "ask a muslim" thread (which is why I bothered staying for 2 pages), but when I asked "does halal use slaughter" I was told yes, definetly, and was swiftly directed to the website of the halal monitoring committee, where I found this:

13. Does HMC accept and certify stunned meat or poultry?
No. Part of our criteria is that animals are not stunned. For further details please refer to the Issues of Stunning section.

http://www.halalmc.net/faq/faq.html#13

so don't start trying to make yourselves out to be some kind of victim of a 'uneducated'/dreadfully racist person, because that isn't the case. What is the case is that after I loaded the video, a load of muslims came on here doing exactily what I, other people, and the DJ in the video predicted.

Well whats surprising about that, halaal doesnt use stunning methods? Not to detract from the thread however The DJ has shown how much of a ignorant, childish bully he is, he cannot proove any of his points AT ALL.
Reply 61
Original post by Roxas13
Okay then, lets start addressing some of the points the radio presenter was making.

"It's a cult, not a religion."- Islam is recognised worldwide as a religion.

"Look what muslims are doing around the world" - Last time i checked it was North Korea who was on the verge of starting world war 3. There are plenty of bad things happening in the world right now and amazingly the majority of these bad things aren't to do with Muslims. The presenter then decided to inexplicably shout horsec*** at the muslim guy and went on to list extremist attacks by muslims.

Does this mean that all Muslims are bad? In my short 15 years I've met plenty of nice Muslims and many of them are against the Taliban etc. The areas where the Taliban and Al Qaeda orignate from are poor, developing countrys. Some form of extremism was bound to spring up from somewhere.

What exactly is your argument anyway? That all religion should be banned? That all Muslims are terrorists? Please enlighten me.

Again, who said I was making an argument, all I done was load up a video?

The DJ didn't say all muslims are bad, infact I have muslims in my extended family and they are fine. However, what the DJ done was not make generalisations about people, but bring up a few specific examples and point out that the muslim was not quick to condemn any of what is going on, but quick to condemn a cartoon that once appeared in a newspaper.

Now, the truth is this, so long as muslims act in the way they do when people criticise the extremists (and the muslims fail to), but then criticise people who criticise extremists, then having an opinion about Islam brought about through experience is not Ilamaphobic, and it is not uneducated/racist people feeding it, but muslims who call themselves 'innocent', and do nothing.
Reply 62
Original post by digistar_100
Well whats surprising about that, halaal doesnt use stunning methods? Not to detract from the thread however The DJ has shown how much of a ignorant, childish bully he is, he cannot proove any of his points AT ALL.

So you are saying that the DJ cannot prove that any of the terrorist attacks that he described were done by muslims? Something tells me that is incorrect.

Now, what I do think is that, given the recent experiences of what some muslims have done, not just terrorist attacks, it would be hard for the Muslim guy on the video I loaded up to prove his point.
Reply 63
Original post by Soppe
And so should we kill all Americans/ western community due to a few KKK peoples beliefs ???

I have no idea what your point is, but coming from a peaceful accepting society, I would say lets not kill anyone, wouldn't you agree.
Original post by S-man10
I don't really care about capitalising that word tbh. And if you have been on this forum as long as I have, you would know better. :wink2:

Sure. Nobody dare confuse racism with religious intolerance. Don't these apologists have dictionaries in their caves? Jesus. Oh! but I can butcher English orthography because it doesn't matter. Who really cares about dictionaries and spellings?

I hate Islam and I'll punish Muslims by taking away the capitals in their nouns!1!1

:angry:
Reply 65
Original post by PerigeeApogee
I can assure that I hate white muslims equally as much as I hate asian muslims, african muslims, oriental muslims, and any other type of Muslim.

Don't attempt to reduce legitimate complaints about Islam to racism - it's nothing to do with race, you fool.

Lol ew. That DJ sounds like such a dickhead - the way he talks to people. Con-ver-ted? Ugh.
Reply 67
Again, who said I was making an argument, all I done was load up a video?

The DJ didn't say all muslims are bad, infact I have muslims in my extended family and they are fine. However, what the DJ done was not make generalisations about people, but bring up a few specific examples and point out that the muslim was not quick to condemn any of what is going on, but quick to condemn a cartoon that once appeared in a newspaper.

Now, the truth is this, so long as muslims act in the way they do when people criticise the extremists (and the muslims fail to), but then criticise people who criticise extremists, then having an opinion about Islam brought about through experience is not Ilamaphobic, and it is not uneducated/racist people feeding it, but muslims who call themselves 'innocent', and do nothing.

The radio-presenters point was that all Muslims are extremist. Not just a minority. The Muslim guy phoned up to argue the point that not all Muslims feel that way.
Reply 68

oh really? well what did he say to prove him wrong then?

the presenter said there was no muslim outrage at all those events. muslim said he was outraged
Reply 69
Original post by extricated
as the above user said, how can you even begin to talk about supposed 'crimes' against israel when israel is arguably (maybe on par with the usa) the biggest war criminal out there. The radio dj is a laughing stock, 'horse shyt, horse shyt' , i mean what kind of debate is that? The dj resorted to using teenage-esque arguing techniques which are easily picked off. I mean he claims that there is no outrage when the girls were burnt in the school and weren't let out, yet muslims are outraged over a cartoon. Why? Us muslims find it obscene to even contemplate the thought of the perpetrators of these crimes being regarded as muslim, so therefore it would be nonsensical to even protest in the name of islam. When the religion is being directly attacked, surely it is right to protest against it. The dj is an absolute uneducated fool who wouldn't survive a second against top scholars like dr. Zakir naik, since his replies would probably consist of something along the lines of 'horse shyt'.

:rolleyes:

rip shu :e
Reply 70
Original post by Roxas13
The radio-presenters point was that all Muslims are extremist. Not just a minority. The Muslim guy phoned up to argue the point that not all Muslims feel that way.

NO, he simply said that the muslim guy was quick to say that he doesn't like the guy who once drew a cartoon in sweden, but that he wasn't quick to say anything about bombings etc that happen. He made specific examples and at no point said anything about 'all muslims', as you claim. So please stop trying to make out that the muslims are some kind of victim lol.
Reply 71
Original post by lm_wfc
the presenter said there was no muslim outrage at all those events. muslim said he was outraged

Yes, and the presenter quite rightly said that he was outraged only when he pointed out that he wasn't lol, only about the cartoon.
Reply 72
Oh, looks like we (the non-muslims) have got it all wrong again, and that the muslim was the victim, poor guy.

(notice how no muslim so far has posted on this thread to address any of the points the DJ made, unsurprisingly).

I think being insulted, shouted at etc constitutes the victim position going to the caller.

The DJ didnt actually make any points to be re-addressed, he just went on and on saying that Muslims are responsible for everything wrong yet he couldnt give an example.
Reply 73
Original post by Mujeriego
Sure. Nobody dare confuse racism with religious intolerance. Don't these apologists have dictionaries in their caves? Jesus. Oh! but I can butcher English orthography because it doesn't matter. Who really cares about dictionaries and spellings?

I hate Islam and I'll punish Muslims by taking away the capitals in their nouns!1!1

:angry:

Unless you have something valid to add to this discussion rather than picking out mistakes in my grammar (which I do it on purpose), then please do. If not, stop trolling and move on.

Besides, not capitalising islam doesn't really matter because at the end of the day the word is the same, and therefore has the same meaning. The statements "islam is a race" and "islam is a belief system" have two completely different meanings.

Now you are owning yourself tbpfh.
Hahahaha the way he says his name, Will at the end of every sentence :rofl:

What a jackass though, such stupid statements.
What is stupid is that you don't seem to know the difference between race and religion. Anyway, the truth is the truth, and will not be covered up by trying to keep people quiet by branding them a racist.

Your just ****ing retarded, aren't you.
Tell you what, how about you get the **** out of the UK, along with extremist Muslims.
Reply 76
Original post by adam_zed
I think being insulted, shouted at etc constitutes the victim position going to the caller.

The DJ didnt actually make any points to be re-addressed, he just went on and on saying that Muslims are responsible for everything wrong yet he couldnt give an example.

He didn't say that muslims are responsible for all the wrong in the world lol, just the EXAMPLES he gave. Did you not listen?

Actually, I find it interesting that you (and alot of muslims on here) are quick to give someone the victim label. You are aware that even if you decide to give the caller that label that doesn't manipulate people to suddenly think that the caller must be right, because everything the DJ said was correct.
Reply 77
The radio host is so? ignorant, firstly he doesn't even let the caller speak properly or even defend his argument, "western so called permissive society", secondly don't brand a few actions of people as the WHOLE community of Muslims... Just because some white people believe in KKK and burn black children alive doesn't mean all white people want to this and doesn't mean we have to "eradicate" the western/white community for this.
Reply 78
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Java, with slightly incorrect syntax. It should be

else
{throw new EpicThreadFailException()}

Ah. I only know C; I'd've done:

if (OP != troll) { return exitLife(); }
/* exception code */

Problem is that exceptions are a funny business in C, with pointers &c.
Reply 79
NO, he simply said that the muslim guy was quick to say that he doesn't like the guy who once drew a cartoon in sweden, but that he wasn't quick to say anything about bombings etc that happen. He made specific examples and at no point said anything about 'all muslims', as you claim. So please stop trying to make out that the muslims are some kind of victim lol.

He said that Islam not condoning any of the crimes was horsec***. Therefore saying that Islam condones the crimes. And many muslims are victims of people making judgements about them due to what they read in the daily mail. I get kids on my school bus shouting at random people and a group of kids chanted "Burn Muslims" at breaktime due to the Poppy Burning incident.

Latest

Trending

Trending