Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get on well with all my flatmates, there's no contempt or malice between any of us. But anyway, I shove my Beer/Cider in the fridge to keep them cool and I'm coming back some days finding most of them have been taken and drunk. I'd be fine with this if they were to just ask, but they're just taking it (or their drunk friends that they bring round one night) without my knowledge and I'm essentially paying for it. It's getting a bit annoying....I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation and what they did? I don't want to come off wrong to them.

ReputationRep:
    scoop out their butter, s*** in the tub, put butter back on top, job done
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Poison the beer

ReputationRep:
    Piss in beer bottles. Put in fridge

ReputationRep:
    Buy budweiser.

No one will take it...

ReputationRep:
    Buy a minifridge and keep it in your room or perhaps a cool box. Beer is the one thing I'm worried about storing in a shared fridge which is why I'm going to take a small minifridge to uni to keep beer in.

ReputationRep:
    Put the beer in your room, put one can in the fridge. Operate a one can out, one can in policy, so you'll always have a cold beer and it takes up minimal room in the fridge.

ReputationRep:
    Inject Ipecac into the beer cans.

Or cool your beer in your room by putting some cans in a bowl filled with cold water and ice then adding salt to it. This will rapidly cool your beer in a matter of minutes ready for you to drink nice and fresh without any loss of beer :top:

ReputationRep:
    Write a long forceful letter, and post it under there bedroom door.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask your flatmates do you know who took my beer, if you want one just ask, say youve been spending money on beer and you dont know were its gone.

Just dont come across as a ****, even though your not in the wrong its better if you come of as anice guy so they wont keep on taking your ****.

If all else fails just store it in your room near the window, in the winter it stays pretty cold anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Wire the beer cans up to the mains. WARNING: Risk of death.

ReputationRep:
    My old flatmate nicked a couple of my cans last year thinking i wouldn't notice, i kicked up a massive fuss to him, proper ranted how it's out of order people robbing my stuff especially beer. Said i don't know who it was but whoever it was is a massive see you next tuesday, made him feel guilty. It worked. He's still a c**t though.

ReputationRep:
    'Stop drinking my beer'.

/Thread.

ReputationRep:
    Dude you could have the safest housemates on earth, but put any canned alcohol substance in the fridge and it will be gone in a week. It's just a life fact.

ReputationRep:
    Mini-fridge.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a mini fridge to keep in your room!

ReputationRep:
    put a bear in the beer, so when they go to drink it they will be eaten by the bear

ReputationRep:
    I came home to find that two of my housemates had friends round, one of whom was drinking a bottle of Hobgoblin (everyone else had lager)and had an empty one on the table beside him. I looked in the fridge and found that only four of my six Hobgoblins were left. I went behind the guy, who was sat down, and choked him unconcious with a Rear Naked Choke (I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, so I didn't hurt him just made him lose conciousness), when he came round a couple of seconds later I told him he owes me for the beers - he gave me a tenner out of his pocket. Everyone was pretty "wtf?" but did nothing, and the two girls think I'm pretty badass now so win all round.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask if they know where the beer has gone, if they fess up then just say they owe you a couple? Or ask for them to replace them? Then do the whole one can in the fridge thing, or get a mini fridge, whichever you feel like =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Poison the beer
    Some nutcases do actually inject things into cans of beer stashed in parks etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.