Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My brother can't tell the difference between male and female Watch

my little bro is not able to tell the difference between male and female. he is 10 years old, he's not a baby. he genuinely cannot differentiate and to him all men and women look the same...

it's not a temporary thing because he's always been like this.

but what do you think is the reason behind him being like that? do you think it's something wrong with his brain?

bump

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he wants to be a ******

ReputationRep:
    If it's that drastic, how does he recognise you?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly its hard to judge. Does anyone else know about this?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's bisexual

ReputationRep:
    This should probably be addressed to a paediatrician rather than TSR =) Get your brother's GP to refer him.

ReputationRep:
    I think there must be something unusual in his brain chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Does he have a micro penis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    do you think it's something wrong with his brain?
    Well I think you've answered that for yourself..

But the best thing to do would be to get some kind of professional help. I mean, does he have any other symptoms? We can't really say much on here, we're not doctors, but it does seem to be pretty strange!

ReputationRep:
    Does he know the difference between a mother/father and a brother/sister?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest he sees a doctor, so he can be referred for a brain scan. I imagine it'll be quite a handicap when he's older.

ReputationRep:
    these days men and women are dressing so alike, i find it hard to tell the difference a lot of the time too.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him women have long hair and boobs whereas men don't

ReputationRep:
    Prosopagnosia??

"Apperceptive prosopagnosia is thought to be a disorder of some of the earliest processes in the face perception system. People with this disorder cannot make any sense of faces and are unable to make same-different judgments when they are presented with pictures of different faces. They may also be unable to work out attributes such as age or gender from a face. However, they may be able to recognize people based on non-face clues such as their clothing, hairstyle or voice."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    Tell him women have long hair and boobs whereas men don't
    That isn't always true. I know a guy with longer hair and bigger boobs than me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.