Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long should a couple wait until they share a bed? Just sleeping together, not sex or anything?

ReputationRep:
    weeks/a month? depends, it varies with each couple, so decide by yourself bro/sis

ReputationRep:
    Until they're tired?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Until they're tired?
    Of having sex.

We've liked each other for weeks and got together a week ago. Literally he's fallen asleep with me at night almost every night this week but I've always kicked him out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Until they're tired?
    This.
    If you're one of those "sex is very special"-people, wait with the sex, but sleeping in the same bed is pretty harmless, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    However long they feel like waiting?

The threads on here get more stupid every day.

ReputationRep:
    I've slept in the same bed as a couple of my friends. I was OK with sleeping on floor but they wouldn't have it. So I guess you can do it whenever you are ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How long should a couple wait until they share a bed? Just sleeping together, not sex or anything?
    Why on Earth would you want to share a bed with your partner and not have sex with him/her? Why not just go through with the sex?

ReputationRep:
    It took me and my boyfriend around a month before sleeping in the same bed (before that, I always left him pretty late at night, or vise versa)...
    Was /pretty/ harmless. xD

But I don't reckon there is a set "time" for it, or not.

ReputationRep:
    I stayed over at my boyfriend's for the first time three months after we got together but the reason it was that long was because I was studying for my A Levels at the time and had hardly any time, let alone setting a full night aside :P

I think it's okay to sleep next to him at any time to be honest.. as for sex, it's up to you, whenever you feel ready, and it differs depending on whether you've known him for a while, not very long, met in a club.. etc.

ReputationRep:
    25 minutes plus.

ReputationRep:
    not a big deal if your not going to bang

ReputationRep:
    I slept in my boyfriends bed a few times before we were together - no sex involved. We were just really good friends that obviously liked each other but the circumstances at the time meant that I wasn't ready for a relationship at the time

ReputationRep:
    lol, there isnt a set time you have to wait till to share a bed, just do it whenever, if you are close enough then there should be no issue. Me and my bf shared a bed very early days into the relashionship and wayy before anything sexual happend.

As long as youre comftorble with it then go for it, and if your not ready for anything sexual (which from what I gather you arn't) then make sure he knows.

ReputationRep:
    Depends kthx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.