Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i'm just wondering what site you use for revising for biology.
    i use biologymad.com its a pretty good site for the OCR exam board.
    Also whats the best way of revising for biology I have my real exam in january and i feel unprepared even though I do bits of revision here and there
    (if you haven't guessed already, my exambaord is OCR, if you want to know )

ReputationRep:
    I am in exactly the same position as you!
    Yeah, i can not find a decent site to revise from either ... it's really annoying, do you have any revision guides that you think are uselful?

ReputationRep:
    OCR have endorsed this textbook, which means they can only ask you things that are covered in there. Just make sure you know everything in there that's in the January exam, and you should be good to go.
    I also like this one, because it seems to go into more detail, and I can seem to understand the concepts more easily from it.

Good luck!

EDIT: I've just noticed you wanted websites. A fail on my part. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [sophie])
    OCR have endorsed this textbook, which means they can only ask you things that are covered in there. Just make sure you know everything in there that's in the January exam, and you should be good to go.
    I also like this one, because it seems to go into more detail, and I can seem to understand the concepts more easily from it.

Good luck!

EDIT: I've just noticed you wanted websites. A fail on my part. :facepalm:
    Thanks for replying, yeah ive got the first textbook you linked to me lol, the college gave it to us. I'll look into the second textbook link :P
    lol yeah i asked for websites for nevermind, at least i got a response! thanks.

ReputationRep:
    google mrothery

ReputationRep:
    Try http://www.khanacademy.org/#Biology
    Its not board specific or exam specific, but there are some things that'll help. He explains everything awesome-ly too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diesha)
    I am in exactly the same position as you!
    Yeah, i can not find a decent site to revise from either ... it's really annoying, do you have any revision guides that you think are uselful?
    Hey, im glad im not the only one! Yeah i have a couple of textbooks, but i wouldn't call them 'useful' lol.
    i have this one

and a AS level CPG biology revision guide. Ive tried all sorts of methods but not everything sinks in! argh!

What books do you have, may i ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)
    Try http://www.khanacademy.org/#Biology
    Its not board specific or exam specific, but there are some things that'll help. He explains everything awesome-ly too.
    Cheers mate, I looked at this site a few weeks ago and watched a couple of videos, but forgot about it. He really explains it well. Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Cheers mate, I looked at this site a few weeks ago and watched a couple of videos, but forgot about it. He really explains it well. Thanks guys!
    You're welcome.
    I used it for maths and physics mostly, but his other stuff is really good too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Hey guys, i'm just wondering what site you use for revising for biology.
    i use biologymad.com its a pretty good site for the OCR exam board.
    Also whats the best way of revising for biology I have my real exam in january and i feel unprepared even though I do bits of revision here and there
    (if you haven't guessed already, my exambaord is OCR, if you want to know )
    www.biologymad.com is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    I find s-cool amazingly helpful and also wisegeek.com, if you don't know what a phrase is/mean just type it in (e.g sino atrial node) and it normally explains it better than a textbook would and in more detail

ReputationRep:
    see my sig,I have a little collection.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.