Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,
    Well I have an issue which has been playing on my mind for quite a while now, Earlier in the year when using the north east Metro system, I dissembarked the train , only to be approached by a inspector, I couldn't show a valid ticket, therefore he took my details however stated that if i payed the £1 fine (yeah) no further action will be taken, I wissed down to the Nexus shop and payed the fine, however I am still petrified , that it may appear on a criminal record ( Pathetic I know).

My question , and I will greatly appreciate and answear; Will this little episode appear on my criminal record? or will it appear at all , on any check ?, or will it be forgotten about ( I hope so).
    I really hope that it is forgetten about , as I would hate for it to ruin my chance of getting into a university/job ect.

Thank you for the help.

ReputationRep:
    i highly doubt it will show up on anything, were they a police officer or just employed by the rail company? i think for you to get a criminal record you have to be found guilty in a court for something, i got caught a few years ago underage drinking got my details taken, lifted and a letter sent to my parents but it doesnt show up or anything i dont think, infact i've had my details taken just for being in the presence of other people with alcohol a few years ago and that deffo doesnt go on a record so yeah your almost deffo ok.

ReputationRep:
    Bless you, you joined this forum just to ask that question.
    The answer is no. You will not get anything on your criminal record for getting caught without a train ticket. Don't worry. You will only get something on your record if you have been arrested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linken)
    Hello guys,
    Well I have an issue which has been playing on my mind for quite a while now, Earlier in the year when using the north east Metro system, I dissembarked the train , only to be approached by a inspector, I couldn't show a valid ticket, therefore he took my details however stated that if i payed the £1 fine (yeah) no further action will be taken, I wissed down to the Nexus shop and payed the fine, however I am still petrified , that it may appear on a criminal record ( Pathetic I know).

My question , and I will greatly appreciate and answear; Will this little episode appear on my criminal record? or will it appear at all , on any check ?, or will it be forgotten about ( I hope so).
    I really hope that it is forgetten about , as I would hate for it to ruin my chance of getting into a university/job ect.

Thank you for the help.
    Why would you give him your details you knob ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetEuropa)
    Why would you give him your details you knob ?
    Fear.

ReputationRep:
    No it won't show at all

ReputationRep:
    I thought the on the spot penalty was like £20 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    Fear.
    Fear of what exactly ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetEuropa)
    Fear of what exactly ?
    Power.

I use to fear the police until I became educated in the law and aware of my rights. If you don't know your rights or the extent of other people's powers, then it casts doubt and uncertainty in your mind.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.