Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Students. You have nothing to worry about. watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting tired of seeing and hearing about these tuition fee cuts and student protests.

THERE ARE BIGGER THINGS GOING ON IN THE WORLD

Yes. There are.

Ok. Granted that this is a student forum, but look:

You won't have to pay any of the debt unless when you leave University, you start top earn over £21,000 per annum.

It's not that bad. How many of these students are going to be earning that amount when they find that upon leaving their education they'll be tossing burgers at a fast food chain, pulling pints at the local, or sat behind a till in T.J.Hughes? Or even unemployed?

How many?

Even if you do get that kind of salary, it's only £7 per month. Granted for a long time, but that debt can be written off, apparently.

WHAT IS THE FUSS ABOUT?

At this present moment, I find myself unable to eat properly or afford decent clothing, worried about my own debt problems, baliffs turning up at the door, court charges, unable to put the gas on, rent increase next month and I'll have to find somewhere else to live because I can't afford the rent anymore.

I've not gone to the local council and protested about my rent no longer getting paid in full. I've not phoned British Gas to complain about the rise in fuel prices. I haven't stormed the local supermarket demanding to stop rising food prices.

Seriously. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

ReputationRep:
    Must people (inc. me) do it for the lulz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)

It's not that bad. How many of these students are going to be earning that amount when they find that upon leaving their education they'll be tossing burgers at a fast food chain, pulling pints at the local, or sat behind a till in T.J.Hughes? Or even unemployed?
    Is that so?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, cool.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for that Martyn.

Edit; I see you're from Liverpool. I am dissapoint I come from the same place as a nonce like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Thank you for that Martyn.

Edit; I see you're from Liverpool. I am dissapoint I come from the same place as a nonce like you.
    I'm not from Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not from Liverpool.
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    It's £7 a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    It's £7 a week
    It's still nothing if you're working and earning a decent wage. Just think of the **** that working people buy week-in week-out; **** they don't need, **** that the tv ads tells them to buy.

Besides, I almost treble £7 in rent per week, and I'm on JSA. I'd love to pay just £7 per week.

7 quid a week, so 35 quid a month - the threshold is being raised 40% but why are fees going up nearly 7 times that rate? Imagine trebling taxes? How would you feel at that

ReputationRep:
    It's still nothing if you're working and earning a decent wage. Just think of the **** that working people buy week-in week-out; **** they don't need, **** that the tv ads tells them to buy.

Besides, I almost treble £7 in rent per week, and I'm on JSA. I'd love to pay just £7 per week.
    This is true. When you earn over £21,000 after graduating, you actually only pay £7 a week and any other taxes, fees and purchases are immediately eradicated once you've gone over this wage line.

ReputationRep:
    YAYA thanks for the information lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! Brb just printing off the OP and giving it to the millions around the country disgusted at the actions of the government. You hero you.

ReputationRep:
    OP said flipping burgers, not working at McD.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on JSA. I'd love to pay just £7 per week.
    You're on JSA and you've made a thread moaning about people wanting money from the taxpayer? Uuummmm... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I agree. I believe we shouldn't have to pay for university at all, but it's annoying that students go crazy over having to pay more money for their own higher education when there are kids in Africa who can't get any education whatsoever. Calm down, FFS.
    Can't you support both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    7 quid a week, so 35 quid a month - the threshold is being raised 40% but why are fees going up nearly 7 times that rate? Imagine trebling taxes? How would you feel at that
    £7 per week (or per month according to my Libdem friend) is nothing or very little (compared to) when you are earning over £21,000 per annum. How many students are going to be earning over that threshold? And if these students can't find those desireable jobs, they'll have to take those jobs with lower pay which means that they won't be paying anything back. They may even get their debts erased as the years (or even months!) pass-by or when they have settled in a lower-paid job.

I don't understand why these students are rising up against these fees when there are millions of people all around the world who find themselves in far greater FAR GREATER crises that just makes this £7 per week look like a....

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting tired of seeing and hearing about these tuition fee cuts and student protests.

THERE ARE BIGGER THINGS GOING ON IN THE WORLD

Yes. There are.

Ok. Granted that this is a student forum, but look:

You won't have to pay any of the debt unless when you leave University, you start top earn over £21,000 per annum.

How many?

Even if you do get that kind of salary, it's only £7 per month. Granted for a long time, but that debt can be written off, apparently.

WHAT IS THE FUSS ABOUT?

At this present moment, I find myself unable to eat properly or afford decent clothing, worried about my own debt problems, baliffs turning up at the door, court charges, unable to put the gas on, rent increase next month and I'll have to find somewhere else to live because I can't afford the rent anymore.

I've not gone to the local council and protested about my rent no longer getting paid in full. I've not phoned British Gas to complain about the rise in fuel prices. I haven't stormed the local supermarket demanding to stop rising food prices.

Seriously. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Why are you still forking out for the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    You're on JSA and you've made a thread moaning about people wanting money from the taxpayer? Uuummmm... :rolleyes:
    And?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Why are you still forking out for the internet?
    I've scalled back and come off Virginmedia broadband. I'm on a 3 network dongle. £10 per month allowance. I hope you don't expect me to live in isolation. Without the internet I could not contact my friends, apply for jobs, do research in the comfort of my own home where I tend to be more productive in organising my life. You wanna take that away from me over the cost of £10 per month?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.