Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Statement to the House

I would like to take this opportunity to announce to the House, as has been intimidated previously, that I have tendered my resignation as Prime Minister to Her Majesty. This resignation shall be effective from midnight tonight.

This has come about as a result of my resignation as Leader of the TSR Conservative and Unionist Party. A leadership contest within the party has resulted in the Rt Hon Nothos MP, Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for Transport, being appointed as Leader of our Party. It will be my final action as Prime Minister to advise Her Majesty to consider the appointment of my aforesaid Right Honourable friend as the next Prime Minister, and I would urge the House to unite in support of him in his position and the government which he represents whilst we continue to further our nation's interests and act to enhance the peace, order and good government of this realm.

I would like to thank members from all corners of the House for the support and friendliness they have extended towards me during my time as Prime Minister. Whilst I have often disagreed with other honourable members, our debates and arguments have been conducted in a friendly, polite and amicable manner. I truly believe this House has been a credit to the United Kingdom and an excellent servant to the electorate which we represent.

I wish the next Prime Minister all the very best of wishes in his future position.

God Save the Queen.

ReputationRep:
    As I said in the Government Thread, you've been an excellent PM and we'll all miss you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    *tips hat*

ReputationRep:
    I would like to congratulate L i b on his tenure as Prime Minister, and hope the whole house will join with me in raising a glass in the bar.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to thank the Right Honourable gentleman for treating the House to a veritable stint as Prime Minister, with much honesty and candor.

Don John M.P.

(Original post by Nothos)
      I would like to congratulate L i b on his tenure as Prime Minister, and hope the whole house will join with me in raising a glass in the bar.
      Great. And a glass to yourself Prime Minister.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nothos)
      Congratulations, interesting sudden changes, but perhaps it will be for the best in the long run. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
      The King is dead! Long live the King!
      • Community Assistant
      • Wiki Support Team
      • Political Ambassador
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      Thank you for your contribution to the House, L i b. We may have disagreed on most things, but you were still a formidable opponent.

I wish Nothos the best of luck both as PM and as the newest leader of any party. I'm sure we will clash many times.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Thank you for your contribution Lib, I hope Matthew_lowson gave you the blanket with a stiching thing I made - each HOC Prime Minister is meant to add a square

Nice to see my old hat passed along once more though

ReputationRep:
      I wish to thank the Right Honorable Member L i b for his commitment and service to this House. L i b was the Conservative leader when I joined and I feel that if it were not for his wonderful leadership I may not have remained as involved with this House as I am now.

Because of L i b we have succeeded in securing us position in Government and we must now move onwards and upwards to use this position effectively. This is something I have every confidence that my Right Honorable Friend Nothos will strive to do. We have lost one of the finest leaders that TSR Conservatives have ever seen, and one of the finest Prime Ministers this House has seen, however, succeeding him is somebody with the potential to continue this legacy. I have every faith that my Right Honorable Friend Nothos will serve this House as well as his predecessor and will continue to have the Conservatives playing a big part in this House.

ReputationRep:
      Well you've had a good run as PM and as a member of this house.
      I wish your successor the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
      Aye, thank you for the amount of effort you've invested in the house. I must admit, you did a great job!

ReputationRep:
      Wow, to whoever negged my above post ^

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xXedixXx)
      Wow, to whoever negged my above post ^
      +Repped. You now have rep equity!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Don John)
      +Repped. You now have rep equity!
      Thankies!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.