Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

How hard is it to learn how to inline skate when your older,and do you think adults look a bit stupid when their beginners?

ReputationRep:
    I think as long as you put in the time to practice and still have agility, you can learn it! Of course it's not stupid. I figure skate and know a lot of adults who start and take basic training classes from coaches that are younger than them but are having the time of their lives! It's also fabulous and great if you want to try and keep in shape. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Skating is both really fun and a great form of exercise. What I would say is that the rink plays a pretty significant part in the skating experience. In my home town we apparently have "Europe's finest" rink. It is amazing. I've been skating for a good while and am self taught. It's a discipline that you can progress pretty quickly in. You don't really need lessons unless you want to specicalise in something. There are many "beginner" adults out there, and no one really cares as everyone has to learn and start somewhere anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No one cares everyone has to start somewhere Go for it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.