Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy a couple of days ago and totally fell for him. He's gorgeous, charming, friendly, kind. You get the picture. We had an amazing time, spent the night and whole next day together, and arranged to meet up again next week.

I literally can't stop thinking about him. I can't concentrate on anything. Haven't done any work, can't even think straight or sleep. It's ridiculous and I've never experienced this before in my life.

I'm also completely paranoid he will find someone else or not turn up when we meet again. Nothing he did suggests this, but I can't help but be really worried?! I feel like he is way "out-of-my-league" and that he'll realise he doesn't like me after all. I'm so scared this won't work out as he is literally perfect for me.

Writing this down, I realise how stupid I probably sound. But I have never felt like this about someone before and I don't know how to control my thoughts - I need to have a break and stop thinking about him! My whole world would shatter if it turns out he's not that into me after all, so this obsession and infatuation obviously isn't doing me any good and I'm terrified I'm going to be heart-broken.

Anyone been in a similar situation or got any advice? I've never fallen for someone in this way before, usually I "like" someone and hope it will progress, but this feels so different, like he's totally "the one"

Bump?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear that is painful to read. Because you sound just like me. Lol.

You know you're being ridiculous but you're not going to be able to stop it so just go with the flow. I'm sure he's not "out of your league" and if you've gotten along so well he's obviously seeing some spark as well. Have some more faith in yourself.

Enjoy the infatuation while it lasts. Feel free to PM me if you like, I assure you I'm just as ridiculous as you are. Even just to lemme know what happens.

ReputationRep:
    It's the "wearing your heart on your sleeve" kinda thing. It does happen to some people. The best advice I can give is just to believe in yourself. Don't think that he's out of your league or anything. At the same time, don't read into anything. Don't hype anything that won't happen. Basically, don't get your hopes up. So if things don't happen, you may still be upset, but at least without expectations, it may soften the blow.

ReputationRep:
    Vulcan meditation.

ReputationRep:
    Since it is so recent, you should just be honest with him - there isn't a long standing friendship on the line if things don't go to plan. Tell him you really like him and that he has been on your mind a lot since you met. If he doesn't say what you want to hear, then it might hurt for a while but great, you can move on. and if he does, then... great success!

Thanks for the replies.

ReputationRep:
    Aww!! :love:

Haha, you are in a state of limerance.

So am I, I think.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha, you are in a state of limerance.

So am I, I think.
    I just wikipedia-d that and you are right. It sounds EXACTLY what I'm going through. Thanks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.