Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel that I have ****ed up my dissetation, I am doing a biomed degree at plymouth and I am doing a dissertation the abundance of MRSA in human sewage. I was all motivated for then some family problems occurs then finding out about my recent heart condition has got me into a big depression. I have lost all passion for my degree and as a result my labwork has suffered . it says in the hand book that I should do either one day a week of lab for 11weeks or 3 weeks of lab where I go in every day, I have only been in twice to make up cultures. Now I have realised that I only have 4 weeks left, and now I have found out that I may not be allowed to use sewage for my experiment so I might have to do something else completely from scratch. I am so worried I cant believe its got this far, I explained to the lab assistants my story and they seem ok they just said that I am ready to kick on with it whenever but I am worried I have left it too late. If I end up failing my dissertation is there still a way I can pass my degree?? I dunno whether I should quit or defer or just carry on I am in a right stress about it. I dont feel like I an talk to my tutor as I think he will have a go at me I dunno what to do. I am not normally like this I am usually hard working its just the situations happening to me over the last ouple months has left me depressed and now completely lacking passion, I dunno what to do any help and advice and encouragement would be greatly appreciated thankyou

PS please dont be mean to me I feel bad enough as it is

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean family problems?

ReputationRep:
    You could try and make up for it by going into the lab more. Talk to your tutor, he/she is there to help!

ReputationRep:
    Do as much as you can while you can. That's better than nothing and your extenuating circumstances may also be taken into account for your final grade.

ReputationRep:
    by family problems I mean my grandmother who lived with us at home all my life suddenly developing Alzheimers completely using all her facultys practically overnight and having to move into a home. Its been horrible losing her

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.