Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to wear for New years eve? (Girls only, please) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends have decided to spend New years eve in TigerTiger. I'm not a clubbing person & I have no idea what to wear.
    It'll be totally out of my comfort zone cause I usually go out with Nike dunks on, simple jeans & t-shirt, but that's fine, cause I don't look 20 and I need to dress up so they'll let me in ?
    I'm thinking a coctail dress & heels. Now, I'm really short, 5 ft 1 and I look more like I'm 14 and not 20. Should I wear tight or loosey coctail dress?
    I know that's 3 weeks away but I have to prepare cause right now I have nothin
    So if you have any ideas, please share them with me, I'm a real n00b when it comes to dressing up :P

ReputationRep:
    nothing

ReputationRep:
    maybe if you posted up pics of/links to any dresses and shoes you're considering, we could help you more? It's very hard as I don't know what you look like or your body type which would be really important when choosing an outfit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrchy)
    Me and my friends have decided to spend New years eve in TigerTiger. I'm not a clubbing person & I have no idea what to wear.
    It'll be totally out of my comfort zone cause I usually go out with Nike dunks on, simple jeans & t-shirt, but that's fine, cause I don't look 20 and I need to dress up so they'll let me in ?
    I'm thinking a coctail dress & heels. Now, I'm really short, 5 ft 1 and I look more like I'm 14 and not 20. Should I wear tight or loosey coctail dress?
    I know that's 3 weeks away but I have to prepare cause right now I have nothin
    So if you have any ideas, please share them with me, I'm a real n00b when it comes to dressing up :P
    Ouch thats gonna cost alot!! TigerTiger isn't cheap anyway nevermind New Years Eve.

First of all if your 20, just take some ID so they'll let you in.

Basically any nice evening dress will do. If you want to buy something new there are loads of things in the shops atm and I'd be happy to help you find something =]

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountDuckula)
    maybe if you posted up pics of/links to any dresses and shoes you're considering, we could help you more? It's very hard as I don't know what you look like or your body type which would be really important when choosing an outfit
    I'm thinking of something really simple like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...00007.m2000041 but I don't know if I should go with the tight one, or if i should try something loosey. Definitely something black.

(Original post by Rhiani-ani-on)
    Ouch thats gonna cost alot!! TigerTiger isn't cheap anyway nevermind New Years Eve.
    I know, tickets are 35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrchy)
    I'm thinking of something really simple like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...00007.m2000041 but I don't know if I should go with the tight one, or if i should try something loosey. Definitely something black.

I know, tickets are 35
    Well it depends on your body shape if you should go for tight or not.

WOW!!! I knew it would be alot but I didn't think it would be that high!!

x

ReputationRep:
    I don't especially like the dress you posted as I don't particularly like things that leave nothing to the imagination. Also, I'd be looking for something a bit more "special" or "different". Just my opinion though.

Also, if you're really determined to go for black, make sure you dress it up with some nice accessories

ReputationRep:
    An emergency wallet.

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna have fun...whatever you feel comfy and pretty in

ReputationRep:
    Nike Dunks? You mean Nike Dykes :awesome:

As for what dress to wear a Bodycon dress & heels. In fashion, loads of variety, and if you have a figure, it will be very flattering. If you aren't in shape, stick to a tent

ReputationRep:
    Something shiny!

http://www.lipsy.co.uk/store/dresses...is-DR03808_051
    http://www.lipsy.co.uk/store/party-d...is-DR03021_101
    http://www.lipsy.co.uk/store/party-d...is-DR02111_001

Basically, pretty much anything from Lipsy's party dress range, or anything similar, is perfect

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.