Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to have too much foreskin? Watch

I want to know weather this is an actual "condition" before I go and talk to a doctor or weather I'm just being incredibly stupid.

For as long as I can remember it has been painful for me while ejaculating. I think this may have something to do with the amount of foreskin I have and the fact that even when erect, my foreskin covers all of the head of my penis.

I can however, pull down the foreskin to behind the head of the penis. I've been able to masturbate since I was around 13 by doing this, I'll masturbate normally and then yank down the foreskin to behind the head of my penis just before I'm about to ejaculate and this allows me to do so pain free.

This is all well and good when masturbating but when having sex it's never going to work. When pulling down my foreskin it collects behind the head of my penis in a thick ring, kind of like having a massive elastic band wrapped around something. This means when putting a condom on I have to put it over the head, then sort of pick it up and stretch it so it goes over the gathered foreskin to the rest of the penis. When I do start having sex, the foreskin just rolls back over meaning the condom is sort of under my foreskin and then coming back out. This can't be very safe, I've only had sex once, the foreskin rolled back up and it was extremely painful.

I've searched all over the internet and the only condition I can find is where the foreskin cannot be retracted, I can't find any condition which matches mine. I'm pretty sure circumcision is the only option... the only one I can see anyway but I'm not sure if my condition would be recognised on the NHS or if I'd have to go private. I seriously cannot live with this pain everytime I ejaculate with my foreskin rolled up.

ReputationRep:
    No idea :erm: Go to the GP if you're worried!

I have no real input other than: foreskin turns me on :dontknow:

It makes it look more...friendly and less...raw.

I like foreskin, the more the wetter.

Why does it say i'm the thread starter :confused:

Hi,
    I have/did have something very similar. Mine loosened from masturbation from around the age of 13, but if yours hasn't loosened enough yet, I can't really give you much advice.

It sounds to me that you don't pre-ejeculate enough to lubricate the foreskin enough for it to move freely. If I pull my foreskin back forcefully, it'll get stuck behind the head like you mentioned, requiring quite a tight force forward to get it back over. However, if I lube it up, then *roll* it back it goes much easier.

I wouldn't worry too much. Try some condoms and get some lube, then see how it's looking. Don't forget that during sex with a condom, the inside is alrady lubricated to ensure it doesn't snap/split, and the vaginal fluid produced also helps to lubricate.

Best of luck!

Keep anon or delete, friends use this

ReputationRep:
    You don't have too much foreskin you just have tight foreskin.

(Original post by Hooj)
    You don't have too much foreskin you just have tight foreskin.
    I don't have a tight foreskin.

I can move my foreskin freely and move it so it's behind the head.

The problem is it doesn't do this by itself when having an erection, remaining on the head and giving me pain when I ***.

The condom issue I was trying to explain is that when I roll back the foreskin it gathers in like a band behind the head meaning I need to pull the condom over this band in order to pull it all the way down. When I start having sex the foreskin just rolls straight over and back over the head making it painful again.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I've got the exact same problem! well i don't have those pains you have when using a condom, but still too much foreskin and yes i can pull it back easily also so its not phimosis. I tried having sex without a condom and it hurt like hell 'cause of the friction.
    So just wanted to ask if u visited a doctor or have u come up with some other solutions? I'm just about to call the doctor myself since i can't find any other ways to fix this.

ReputationRep:
    get it cut off.

I've experienced something similar - as somebody said, you're perhaps not lubricated enough under the foreskin. I found when only masturbating barely any 'pre-***' or natural lubcrication is produced, and my foreskin can be a bit tight. Then when I started experimenting with my girlfriend, magically lots of pre-*** was produced and my foreskin was so lubed up it was no problem at all sliding it back and getting on with things. I guess in my case the genuine excitement of actually being with a girl solved my mild phimosis by lubing up my foreskin, maybe you'll be similarly fortunate

You can certainly have a very long foreskin - longer then the average- and I sure it could get in the way when having sex and make using a condom difficult.

Probably best to get it checked by the doctor to see if there is anything actualy wrong.

Getting circumcised may be an option - although I'm sure there will be lots of people saying that getting circumcised if you don't really need to is mutilation. Personally I'm circumcised and its fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.