Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4.124715648647

me thinks people are seriously over-reacting about this. The kid is bundled up really warmly, and it's clearly only for a few seconds to take a photograph. It's not like they buried him in snow.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    wtf, it doesn't take long for summat as vulnerable as a baby to succumb to cold, who was the idiot who put it out there....

ReputationRep:
    He'll live

ReputationRep:
    For christ's sake!!!
    They probably put them down for 10 seconds to take a picture and people think it's child abuse, common sense and humour people!
    so na I don't think it is :P

ReputationRep:
    Abuse? That's a bit over the top. Pointless? Yeah, I'd think so.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    wtf, it doesn't take long for summat as vulnerable as a baby to succumb to cold, who was the idiot who put it out there....
    it takes longer than the time it takes to click a button on a camera though. The kid is in a snowsuit - those things are mega warm. Have you ever felt a baby when they've just had a snowsuit taken off them? They are practically radiators.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Abuse? That's a bit over the top. Pointless? Yeah, I'd think so.
    agreed it's a tad pointless

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, it's just preparing him for what when he's older tbh. :dumbells: Providing they did the photo quickly and picked him up straight after.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Nah not abuse, parents are still morons for doing it

ReputationRep:
    If this is abuse, then by definition, anyone making a snow angel is self-harming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miike1234)
    If this is abuse, then by definition, anyone making a snow angel is self-harming.

*Under the age of 1

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i really imagine placing him in the snow for a few seconds is going to seriously mess up his psychological well being.

My question is, why do the people constantly raise and ****ing exarcebate NON issues?

ReputationRep:
    That's a disgusting way to treat human life, especially if it's a new born. Those people shouldn't be allowed children. What do they do in summer, dress him up in a miniskirt and lay him out on the tarmac? What a world we live in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    Yeah, i really imagine placing him in the snow for a few seconds is going to seriously mess up his psychological well being.

My question is, why do the people constantly raise and ****ing exarcebate NON issues?
    Ever watched Happy Feet? Remember what happened to Mumble?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it's child abuse. I doubt he would have been there for long, and he's all wrapped up.

But if I had a baby I don't think I'd put it in the snow for a photo, and I can't imagine I'd be best pleased if someone else did.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who says it's bad parenting will never have manly children.

ReputationRep:
    I have news for people: kids like snow. I used to go out in winter in Austria with just an extra jumper and a hat on for added warmth, and have snowball fights without gloves.

ReputationRep:
    So first kids want snow and want to play in it.

Now someone lets their children play with snow its abuse.

Pathetic. To me that baby looks like he's having fun !

ReputationRep:
    It's not very sensible and, really, they probably shouldn't have done it, just because you never know really. But, I don't doubt that it was a 2 second thing just for a photo and it is certainly not child abuse.

EDIT: I don't really agree with the people saying that the baby is only playing in it though.. It's clearly only a couple of months old and way too young to sit up - it wouldn't want to play with snow.

ReputationRep:
    People overreact to such utter tripe sometimes, I wonder what it's like being permanently outraged all of the time over such small and insignificant things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.