Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ACCA Examinations watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am currently applying for various graduate programmes, in Assurance, for 2011. Couldn't decide whether to go for the ACCA or ACA, so I decided to some research.

Having briefly glanced over the previous ACCA papers (http://www.accaglobal.com/documents/pilotpapers.pdf), I am amazed at how difficult I found the questions. I could barely comprehend, let alone work out the answers to any the questions.:confused:

Will the material get easier as I progress, or am I expected to understand the content of the papers from the outset? If you've previously studied (or studying) for the ACCA, did you have a similar reaction when you first saw these papers?

By the way, I don't have an accountancy degree...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Humpasaurus.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have any accountancy experience or A-level then I'm not surprised, it's hardly general knowledge stuff. Get on some courses and it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Surely this is the same with all exams though? I tend to look at the sample exam papers at the beginning of every uni semester and have no idea whats going on. Once I've been to the lectures, done the tutorials, revised - I feel fine about it! I'm sure its the same with ACCA if you don't have an accounting background.

ReputationRep:
    You get tuition so it should be ok!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.