Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I am studying BTEC National Certificate, A2 Financial Studies, AS Travel and Tourism and am predicted a DD in the BTEC, got B for AS Finance last year and am predicted a C in Travel. My question was what are my chances of getting accepted into Aston for Business and Management or International Business?

Also, my tutor has been really sick and stalled on the application process and kept on reassuring me that the deadline was in January and there's a chance she still hasn't completed it. On my UCAS page it says my application hasn't been approved by my college yet? Will that affect my application?

Sooooo sorry for boring you with all that, but what do you think my chances are of getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
    with the BTEC there is eye browes raised, though do not let that deter you i know peeps who have been accpeted in top redbricks for law of the Btec national diploma!
    its all to do with your personal statement; make it good. get the best refrence you can! and do it all with confidance; be happy.

its abit tricky to say you should have done it early to show dedication, early bird catches the worm!

BTEC in what? AS travel and toursim and A2 finance how did that come about, explain that and i will give you my opinion,

phone up and ask them,

aston isnt the hardest place to go to and so long as you meet the same UCAS points as thier typical alevel offers then they may consider you

peace out

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry about that thought I said what BTEC I was doing in the post, anyway it's in Business.

Thanks for the quick response though, thought Aston was a hard place to get into for Business. I just hope I don't get screwed over because I was late in applying, although I know some people who still haven't applied to UCAS yet.

And well I was doing the BTEC and AS Finance last year (carrying both on, A2 with Finance) and all this would have been equivalent to 3 A levels. Decided I wasn't being challenged enough and took up another AS for the next year only to then miss an A in Finance by a mark lol.

Oh and their typical offer thingy was 340-360 UCAS and I'm predicted 370.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly the deadline is in January, something around the 1th I think. Any applications received by the universities by then have to be looked at. After that dates unis aren't obliged to even look at your application... So your tutor is right.

As for getting in to Aston I think you'd be pushing it a bit. Offers will be AAB-ABB with it more likely to be the higher end of that. I'm not sure how it works with a mix of A level and BTEC but they'd probably ask for DDD at BTEC I'm sure. Also they only take your best three grades so the 370 you've got likely includes too many grades with your DD and 2 A levels, but as I say I'm not sure how it works with BTEC and A level.

Hope that helps anyway!

ReputationRep:
    you should apply it is only ONE of your FIVE choices and you might regret not even applying, hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.