Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Raising fees is the correct thing to do. Watch

ReputationRep:
    These student protesters are really starting to grind my gears. Its easy to complain and make noise, its harder to actually come up with a viable alternative.

Is anyone else getting pissed off with the coalition having to carry the can for Labour completely trashing higher education?
    The viewpoint of the vast majority of protesters just seems to be some vague idea that universities will somehow pay for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elandar)
    These student protesters are really starting to grind my gears. Its easy to complain and make noise, its harder to actually come up with a viable alternative.

Is anyone else getting pissed off with the coalition having to carry the can for Labour completely trashing higher education?
    The viewpoint of the vast majority of protesters just seems to be some vague idea that universities will somehow pay for themselves.
    You must have balls of steel posting that on student forum...

ReputationRep:
    We simply cannot afford to pay for these fees anymore we aren't rich like Scotland and Wales we have important things to pay for like finding WMDs in Iraq (WE WILL NOT REST UNTIL EVERY CAVE EVERY BUILDING EVERY AND BUS SHELTER HAS BEEN CHECKED!) we also have politicians to feed they need their bonuses otherwise they not be able to afford a second holiday home
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    We simply cannot afford to pay for these fees anymore we aren't rich like Scotland and Wales we have important things to pay for like finding WMDs in Iraq (WE WILL NOT REST UNTIL EVERY CAVE EVERY BUILDING EVERY AND BUS SHELTER HAS BEEN CHECKED!) we also have politicians to feed they need their bonuses otherwise they not be able to afford a second holiday home
    Shut up.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soloman)
    You must have balls of steel posting that on student forum...
    I've just had enough of this crap. Some complaining dumbass said to me the other day: "when my parents went to uni it was free"

I had to explain that when his parents went to uni we had about 25% of young people going. Now its about 45% and that extra 20% isnt going to magically pay for itself....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.