Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm really worried about an exam that i have coming up which is Development Psychology, we are meant to write two essays in the space of 2 hours, but the thing is, i write quite slowly and I get to around about 1-2 pages maximum per essay.. it works out to be around about 300-500 words per essay..

I wanted to find out what is the average wordcount per essay in a exam environment to get a high grade?.. I hope I can get some help, im really worried >_<.

Cryptology

ReputationRep:
    You need to be aiming for quality, not quantity.

ReputationRep:
    People will always trot out that quality before quantity statement. While it is of course true, for any quality argument or essay you need to have lots of supporting data. In exams, mostly science exams these days, I write about a page every 10 - 14 minutes. So 6 pages minimum usually for a 2 hour exam. You may get away with less but you really need to learn how to write faster, even if your handwriting deteriorates a bit as a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    You need to be aiming for quality, not quantity.
    I agree with you

ReputationRep:
    Unless you write anything ridiculously short or ridiculously long you should be ok. They would rather have 2 pages of good stuff than 10 pages of waffly crap. I really wouldn't worry about it, write as much as you can to a high standard and you should be ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.