Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hip hop is the best genre of music the human race will ever create. Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, the worldwide scale of the genre and how it contains and conveys every single cultural, social, political and emotional state ever just elevates it over every other genre that could potentially be created.

You could say it is based on stealing samples or mediocre rhyming, but that is just what it appears to be on its stereotyped surface. It has evolved from the street boppin vibes of the 70's and 80's through the social revolution of the 90's all the way through to the many social and cultural revolutions of the past decade. It has withstood the test of time whilst still maintaining its original roots that so many genres like metal, rock, r&b, soul, jazz, techno, drum and bass, house, garage, country etc etc have all long forgotten or just been saturated with drowning its original meaning in a monotonous sea.

The sheer creativity and allowance of someone simply rhyming words over a beat is on such an epic scale it will not be equalled in its parallel simplicity and complexity. Even as i speak someone somewhere is making a tune, writing some lyrics, trying to get across a message or portray their ego or crack a joke or change the world. It is far to diverse, inspirational, angry, epic, imaginative, calming, motivating or funny to even compare it to any other genres that attempt to convey a personal message as it is so relevant to everything and everyone unlike every other genre, it cannot be equalled.

I just had to get that off my chest

ReputationRep:
    Some may disagree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Hip hop has taken a turn for the worst since early 2000's, 80's and 90's hip hop is fantastic and almost every record that came out then was pure gold, Specially the G-Funk era of the 90s. Back then lyrics actually had meaning, now all they seem to care about is Clubs hoes and money....

ReputationRep:
    B.o.B

ReputationRep:
    Agree, but others will disagree. This could be considered trolling.

ReputationRep:
    - Immortal Technique
    - Army of the Pharaohs
    - Cunninlynguists

Listen to some of their songs before commenting as I imagine some will have a misconception of what Hip Hop is.

ReputationRep:
    I love hip hop but jazz, funk and soul are better imo especially since mainstream hip hop has become meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    Orchestral music, surely?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.