Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Straight people being victimised Watch

ReputationRep:
    Applying for a job at a bank [NAME WILL BE KEPT UNKNOWN], so I get to the equal opps form when I find myself looking at the options of sexual orientation and find nothing for "Straight", so are we now classed as "other citizens".

Pathetic.

List all the options it gives...

ReputationRep:
      ???
      The majority of the population are straight, are you sure that's right? Maybe there was no straight option because they would just assume you were straight if you didn't put anything else. I think the use of the word 'victimised' is a bit too strong to describe this!
      I'm bi and I had to fill in one of these forms once... I ticked the 'Would rather not say' box. It's not because I don't want people to know, it's because I don't think my sexuality is in any way relevant to the job.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Workforce)
      "other citizens"
      Life must be such a struggle for you.

ReputationRep:
      Which bank?

ReputationRep:
      A victim because there wasn't a box to tick on a piece of paper?

ReputationRep:
      Get over it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ikoghoo)
      A victim because there wasn't a box to tick on a piece of paper?
      (Original post by Linweth)
      Get over it.
      You'd be arrested for saying that if the OP was upset there was no box to tick for "aracial", "genderqueer", "doubletrans unhetero", or whatever other bizarre labels the cool kids are pushing these days.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
      You'd be arrested for saying that if the OP was upset there was no box to tick for "aracial", "genderqueer", "doubletrans unhetero", or whatever other bizarre labels the cool kids are pushing these days.
      No you wouldn't so stop lying.

ReputationRep:
      First it's a shoddy equal opps form, then comes public stoning.

PC gone mad.

ReputationRep:
      Maybe you were looking for 'straight' when they put 'heterosexual' instead?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.