Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Every girl I meet has a boyfriend :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    This just keeps getting more and more frustrating by the day. I've met girls at Uni, and almost all of them in class seem to have a boyfriend, I go out and meet girls in other places and they have boyfriends, my friends seem to be getting with girls more often than I do, and at the moment I'm just getting frustrated.

Can anyone just give me some words of advice here?

ReputationRep:
    Hang in there. Not all girls have boyfriends. I feel like most of the guys I meet just want sex and nothing more, but I know it'll change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humbugsftw)
    I feel like most of the guys I meet just want sex and nothing more,
    and you'd be right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    and you'd be right
    You men and your one track mind. Sheesh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFox)
    This just keeps getting more and more frustrating by the day. I've met girls at Uni, and almost all of them in class seem to have a boyfriend, I go out and meet girls in other places and they have boyfriends, my friends seem to be getting with girls more often than I do, and at the moment I'm just getting frustrated.

perhaps you're looking in the wrong places? and don't give up even if you can't find anyone single; people often overlook the fact that relationships always change over time, and most of them will end. If you find a girl that you really like then be a friend to her and maybe she'll break up and she'll think of you after then.

good luck!

ReputationRep:

What uni is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    What uni is this?
    Liverpool John Moores University, most of the girls in my class seem to have boyfriends, if not all of them! I talk to them and stuff, so I've made good friends with them, its just I know, for now at least I can't go any further, its just frustrating is all, since I've never had a gf.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool John Moores University, most of the girls in my class seem to have boyfriends, if not all of them! I talk to them and stuff, so I've made good friends with them, its just I know, for now at least I can't go any further, its just frustrating is all, since I've never had a gf.
    Liverpool is a big city, you'll find plenty of single women there.

ReputationRep:

**** whether or not a girl 'has a boyfriend'. Often, it's a bull**** line they come out with by default. It means nothing. It's usually just a test....

ALL women use this comeback on men at some point in their lives, and I'm pleased to tell you that when a woman says 'I've got a boyfriend', it's not always a problem!

Anyway, so why DO girls tell you they have a boyfriend? Well I think the first question should be 'Should I be asking girls if they have a boyfriend or not?'. Well, after many years doing this and much reflection, I've come to the conclusion that women lie an awful lot. If you ask a girl when you first meet her 'Do you have a boyfriend?' or 'What's your relationship situation?' or 'Are you single?', there is no guarantee you will get a truthful answer.

Some girls will genuinely be single and tell you that. Others will genuinely be taken, and tell you that. Other girls will 'pretend' to have a boyfriend so as to not seem easy or to 'test' how persistant you are. Heck, some girls will even pretend they're single if they really like you enough. I really have seen it all with their lies...

Either way, the bottom line is THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IF A GIRL REALLY DOES HAVE A BOYFRIEND OR NOT, EVEN IF YOU ASK HER.

You might think you're being really morally correct to ask if she's got a boyfriend, but since you can't take a woman's answer to the question 'Do you have a boyfriend?' at face value, it really is futile to ask.

The solution, then, is to simply assume she doesn't have a boyfriend. Do NOT ask her if she is taken. Just approach her as you normally would. If she brings up the boyfriend objection at any point, ignore her and carry on as normal. You should know that I don't advocate sticking around too long trying to make conversation with a girl you've just met; I advocate approaching Direct and giving her your business card and telling her to call you when she's not busy. It's very unlikely you'll get the boyfriend objection from this kind of approach, although it does sometimes happen.

Once you've started giving out your business card to many girls a week, you'll naturally weed out the ones who want you from the ones who don't.

If a girl DOES give you the boyfriend objection, there are several 'comebacks' you can use. I usually tell them 'Well maybe it's time you upgraded to a MAN-friend instead of BOY-friend then!' Women say they want a MAN, not a boy, so I'm giving them the perfect opportunity!

As you now realise, the whole line 'I've got a boyfriend' is very ambiguous. It might be true, it might not. Since you're not a mind-reader and you haven't got a crystal ball that tells you whether she's lying or not, all you can do is do your approach as normal and then see how it pans out.

Once girls start calling you, you might get girls tell you they have a boyfriend but still want to see you. This is where things get a bit 'dodgy'. I've been on dates with girls who have boyfriends before, and it usually doesn't turn out pretty since the boyfriend usually gets jealous and starts hating me.

If a girl is in a monogamous relationship with a guy, yet is willing to cheat with someone she's just met, that proves she's dishonest, untrustworthy and doesn't respect her boyfriend. Would you really want to go out with a girl who is a liar and who you can't trust? **** no! We're real men, we don't put up with that ****.

But if you don't know if she's got a boyfriend and you see her, it's not your problem. If you've asked her, or better still not asked her, and she hasn't mentioned a boyfriend, ASSUME SHE DOESN'T HAVE ONE AND CARRY ON AS NORMAL.

I've found this the best way to handle the 'boyfriend' problem.

Also, there's another few points I want to make. A lot of girls are 'sort of seeing' guys, but are not that seriously involved with those guys. They will often refer to those guys as 'boyfriends', but in reality they are just beta guys that the girl is seeing until someone better and more alpha (like me or you!) comes along. So even if a girl says she 'has a boyfriend', you are most likely to be far more alpha and far more exciting than him anyway.

Anyway, a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship is not a marriage...who cares if she's got a boyfriend...you are the kind of man she's looking for, her 'borefriend' is probably just that, boring and predictable.

Most guys don't know how to handle disrespect or bad behaviour from women, and therefore end up letting a woman control them and take control of the relationship. Women lose attraction and respect for these guys. Also, most men are very bad in bed. They don't know how to give women orgasms. So guys, next time you hear the 'I've got a boyfriend' line, just smile, say to her 'Well maybe it's time you upgraded to a MAN-friend', and then give her your business card and tell her you'd love to get to know her and tell her to give you a call when she's not too busy.

Odds are she's either lying about 'having a boyfriend', or she's in an unhappy/unsatisfying relationship....in which case all the more reason for you to carry on as normal with her.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    **** whether or not a girl 'has a boyfriend'. Often, it's a bull**** line they come out with by default. It means nothing. It's usually just a test....
    No, it means they have a boyfriend, or they don't want the likes of you pestering them, or both.

Tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    No, it means they have a boyfriend, or they don't want the likes of you pestering them, or both.

Tool.
    Go back to sleep, fool. I can tell by your reply you lack experience with women. Don't take the line 'I've got a boyfriend' at face value. You're wrong, it DOES NOT necessarily mean she has a boyfriend or that she doesn't want the likes of me pestering them.

When a girl says 'I've got a boyfriend', it could mean any of the following.....

- She actually does have a boyfriend

- She's 'kind of seeing' a guy who she classes as a 'boyfriend', but she's waiting for someone better to come along (in which case you've got a chance)

- It's just a shield/default response that she says to guys who approach her....but be persistent and talk to her a bit and you'll find out it wasn't true (in which case you've got a chance).

- She doesn't like you and wants to get rid of you by inventing a 'boyfriend'.

- She doesn't want people to know she's single

- It's just a 'test' to see how persistent you are

- She could be with a boyfriend but not be satisfied in her relationship, and therefore be receptive to someone better coming along

If a girl tells me 'I've got a boyfriend', I delve a bit deeper and ask her 'What does that mean exactly?', and I tell her that I know girls lie about this stuff and I get her to be honest with me about her situation. I've broken a few girls down this way and got them to admit to me that they haven't really got a boyfriend, or that the guy they're 'seeing' isn't satisfying their needs. It's pretty easy to hook up with them after this.

Now, if I'd believed the line 'I've got a boyfriend', I would've lost out on these girls....but fortunately I'm not naive enough to take that line at face value. Very few women are 'completely single' anyway...there is always SOME kind of guy in their life. So **** whether she says 'I've got a boyfriend'.

So don't come on here calling me a 'fool' for enlightening people about the line 'I've got a boyfriend'. If you are native enough to take this line at face value, then the only fool is YOU, you tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humbugsftw)
    Hang in there. Not all girls have boyfriends. I feel like most of the guys I meet just want sex and nothing more, but I know it'll change.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1386754_f260.jpg

ReputationRep:
    How cute. What exactly is it?

ReputationRep:
    So don't come on here calling me a 'fool' for enlightening people about the line 'I've got a boyfriend'. If you are native enough to take this line at face value, then the only fool is YOU, you tool.

Actually, I called you a tool...

And what does being native have to do with this? :rofl:

I have plenty of experience with women tyvm, and have yet to hear the 'I've got a boyfriend' line when it is not in fact true - maybe this is because girls actually want my attention hmmm?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a bf, actually never had one so im sure there are lots of girls out there like that, so chill out.

ReputationRep:
    just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score

ReputationRep:
    Every girl you meet makes up that excuse, they don't really have BF's.

ReputationRep:
    You in first year? Loads of people come to uni with boyfriends/girlfriends and loose them during the first 3 months. So just keep in there there starting appearing when they realise LDR is a bit **** at times.

ReputationRep:

OK listen mate , rule no.1 , DONT ask whether they ve bf or not , just assume they dont . Even if someone has a bf , if you like her , go for her coz ye she might have a bf but who knows maybe you re better than him and she might be dying on hw to ditch him and you might be exactly what she is longing for . So , as someone who has had a lot with ladies , well they seem to come in droves which is great , i understand them a lot . But ofcourse , make friendships etc and women like to be loved and made feel special , so try to do that and u ll c what will happen .
    I dont mean buy them stuff , NO , but treat them well but at the same time , remember you re a man and u got to do what a man's got to do !

ReputationRep:

ALL women use this comeback on men at some point in their lives, and I'm pleased to tell you that when a woman says 'I've got a boyfriend', it's not always a problem!

Anyway, so why DO girls tell you they have a boyfriend? Well I think the first question should be 'Should I be asking girls if they have a boyfriend or not?'. Well, after many years doing this and much reflection, I've come to the conclusion that women lie an awful lot. If you ask a girl when you first meet her 'Do you have a boyfriend?' or 'What's your relationship situation?' or 'Are you single?', there is no guarantee you will get a truthful answer.

Some girls will genuinely be single and tell you that. Others will genuinely be taken, and tell you that. Other girls will 'pretend' to have a boyfriend so as to not seem easy or to 'test' how persistant you are. Heck, some girls will even pretend they're single if they really like you enough. I really have seen it all with their lies...

Either way, the bottom line is THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IF A GIRL REALLY DOES HAVE A BOYFRIEND OR NOT, EVEN IF YOU ASK HER.

You might think you're being really morally correct to ask if she's got a boyfriend, but since you can't take a woman's answer to the question 'Do you have a boyfriend?' at face value, it really is futile to ask.

The solution, then, is to simply assume she doesn't have a boyfriend. Do NOT ask her if she is taken. Just approach her as you normally would. If she brings up the boyfriend objection at any point, ignore her and carry on as normal. You should know that I don't advocate sticking around too long trying to make conversation with a girl you've just met; I advocate approaching Direct and giving her your business card and telling her to call you when she's not busy. It's very unlikely you'll get the boyfriend objection from this kind of approach, although it does sometimes happen.

Once you've started giving out your business card to many girls a week, you'll naturally weed out the ones who want you from the ones who don't.

If a girl DOES give you the boyfriend objection, there are several 'comebacks' you can use. I usually tell them 'Well maybe it's time you upgraded to a MAN-friend instead of BOY-friend then!' Women say they want a MAN, not a boy, so I'm giving them the perfect opportunity!

As you now realise, the whole line 'I've got a boyfriend' is very ambiguous. It might be true, it might not. Since you're not a mind-reader and you haven't got a crystal ball that tells you whether she's lying or not, all you can do is do your approach as normal and then see how it pans out.

Once girls start calling you, you might get girls tell you they have a boyfriend but still want to see you. This is where things get a bit 'dodgy'. I've been on dates with girls who have boyfriends before, and it usually doesn't turn out pretty since the boyfriend usually gets jealous and starts hating me.

If a girl is in a monogamous relationship with a guy, yet is willing to cheat with someone she's just met, that proves she's dishonest, untrustworthy and doesn't respect her boyfriend. Would you really want to go out with a girl who is a liar and who you can't trust? **** no! We're real men, we don't put up with that ****.

But if you don't know if she's got a boyfriend and you see her, it's not your problem. If you've asked her, or better still not asked her, and she hasn't mentioned a boyfriend, ASSUME SHE DOESN'T HAVE ONE AND CARRY ON AS NORMAL.

I've found this the best way to handle the 'boyfriend' problem.

Also, there's another few points I want to make. A lot of girls are 'sort of seeing' guys, but are not that seriously involved with those guys. They will often refer to those guys as 'boyfriends', but in reality they are just beta guys that the girl is seeing until someone better and more alpha (like me or you!) comes along. So even if a girl says she 'has a boyfriend', you are most likely to be far more alpha and far more exciting than him anyway.

Anyway, a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship is not a marriage...who cares if she's got a boyfriend...you are the kind of man she's looking for, her 'borefriend' is probably just that, boring and predictable.

Most guys don't know how to handle disrespect or bad behaviour from women, and therefore end up letting a woman control them and take control of the relationship. Women lose attraction and respect for these guys. Also, most men are very bad in bed. They don't know how to give women orgasms. So guys, next time you hear the 'I've got a boyfriend' line, just smile, say to her 'Well maybe it's time you upgraded to a MAN-friend', and then give her your business card and tell her you'd love to get to know her and tell her to give you a call when she's not too busy.

Odds are she's either lying about 'having a boyfriend', or she's in an unhappy/unsatisfying relationship....in which case all the more reason for you to carry on as normal with her.

Good luck!
    Sorry, but LOL.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.