Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is gonna be a long winded post so sorry in advance and scroll to the bottom for a tl;dr.

I started here in September, like you do, and was really enjoying it until the past 2 or 3 weeks. I thought I'd stay and see if it gets any better but alas it has not and, after weighing out my odds, dropping out and reapplying at another uni seems the best bet/option if I want a degree.

Reasons for dropping out:

Little to no freedom in internet usage.

Certain teachers unable to check emails and generally extremely patronising when you tell them you've sent the work (I even have proof of this).

Marking of work is bad.

I'm slowly losing more faith in people of a certain authority.

Absolutely stupid rules at night (i.e. due to one incident, security are now sat in the entrance to each accom. building and to have friends stay over you/we need some sort of pass. Again, somewhat patronising and treating us like kids.

So, is it really worth staying for three years and wanting to kill myself or should I leave, have a semi-gap year and reapply to something better? If I do the latter what problems could I face?

I'm quite attracted to Westminster uni right now along with few others. Is it possible to get into Westminster with an Access to HE diploma or not?

All good help with no hints of any elite is appreciated.

Ta.

EDIT: anon fail. -_-

tl;dr people: I'm not happy at uni and wish to reapply for a 2011 start at somewhere better.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This sounds like a problem with your accommodation. Will you be staying there all 3 years? That's unlikely! Mostly students live off campus for 2nd and 3rd years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    This sounds like a problem with your accommodation. Will you be staying there all 3 years? That's unlikely! Mostly students live off campus for 2nd and 3rd years.
    It's not just accom. Although that is part of the problem, I'm also feeling less clever than when I started and that the the lecturers don't give two effs about their students' results/outcome and are treating a lot of us like we know very little to nothing about various things i.e. email.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.