The Student Room Group

How to tell a girl how you feel

I started a thread earlier about a girl at work and how I wasn't able to ask her out because of personal issues I had. Anyway my life has really turned a corner, but there's something about this girl. I might not even like her that much but my ego is really determined to get an answer.

I won't beat around the bush, I am confident from her previous signals that she liked me, but I pushed her away due to my issues. Now that's gone, my life is getting better on all fronts. I've even met a few other girls and picked up a few numbers etc, ie just getting back in the game and meeting new people.

But there's something about this girl. It might just be infatuation or whatever, but I really just want to get it settled one way or another. We worked a shift together tonight and at the start she gave me a big smile and was friendly, then the rest of the night, she barely even looked at me. Anyway I am a bit hung up on the whole situation. I know it isn't healthy so I want to get it sorted.

Again today I didn't get a chance alone with her and at work I never will. The waitresses are like a clan, its impossible to seperate them and they all leave together as a group. I added her on facebook the other day and feel this will be my best chance to arrange something. I want to tell her face to face honestly the situation, that I liked her but couldn't do anything, now I can. The problem is that before she was really forward and now she is really reserved so it is difficult to approach her.

Facebook seems a pretty lame way to do it, but I was thinking of sending her a message asking her to meet up sometime, or maybe talk to her online and ask to meet up. Can someone give me some advice on what to say, or how to approach this? I basically want to tell her face to face as it makes a stronger impression, plus theres less room for misinterpretation.

Like I said, I appreciate this might not be a healthy thing, but I really want to move on with my life, but for some reason the chance of something happening with this girl is holding me back. I just need closure, one way or the other.
Reply 1
amm have you tried - hey what up? lets go for a drink after work... And tell her while drinking coffee or what have you alone? And I don't see the point of even saying why you couldn't ask her out earlier (if you still want something out of it then simply act normal and like it's no big deal)
Reply 2
Original post by samus82
I started a thread earlier about a girl at work and how I wasn't able to ask her out because of personal issues I had. Anyway my life has really turned a corner, but there's something about this girl. I might not even like her that much but my ego is really determined to get an answer.

I won't beat around the bush, I am confident from her previous signals that she liked me, but I pushed her away due to my issues. Now that's gone, my life is getting better on all fronts. I've even met a few other girls and picked up a few numbers etc, ie just getting back in the game and meeting new people.

But there's something about this girl. It might just be infatuation or whatever, but I really just want to get it settled one way or another. We worked a shift together tonight and at the start she gave me a big smile and was friendly, then the rest of the night, she barely even looked at me. Anyway I am a bit hung up on the whole situation. I know it isn't healthy so I want to get it sorted.

Again today I didn't get a chance alone with her and at work I never will. The waitresses are like a clan, its impossible to seperate them and they all leave together as a group. I added her on facebook the other day and feel this will be my best chance to arrange something. I want to tell her face to face honestly the situation, that I liked her but couldn't do anything, now I can. The problem is that before she was really forward and now she is really reserved so it is difficult to approach her.

Facebook seems a pretty lame way to do it, but I was thinking of sending her a message asking her to meet up sometime, or maybe talk to her online and ask to meet up. Can someone give me some advice on what to say, or how to approach this? I basically want to tell her face to face as it makes a stronger impression, plus theres less room for misinterpretation.

Like I said, I appreciate this might not be a healthy thing, but I really want to move on with my life, but for some reason the chance of something happening with this girl is holding me back. I just need closure, one way or the other.

Ask her to go out one night after work, even if it's just for a drink. That way you can get to know each other better, and realise whatever signals it is that she's sending you. If it seems that she's not that interested it probably is because she isn't and just likes the occassional eye contact with lads. But you never know until you try. If she isn't interested at least then you know the answer and can move on with your life as normal :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending