Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i'm new to the whole university thing so sorry.
    I am apply for primary education courses and sent my application off on the 25th of November, a bit late but I had some unforseen errors that put me back 3 weeks!
    Anyway I am yet to hear anything, not even an acknowledgement! I know it's only been a week but is this normal? How long does it normally take? I've seen people hearing stuff back after days...:s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbarfie)
    Hi guys, i'm new to the whole university thing so sorry.
    I am apply for primary education courses and sent my application off on the 25th of November, a bit late but I had some unforseen errors that put me back 3 weeks!
    Anyway I am yet to hear anything, not even an acknowledgement! I know it's only been a week but is this normal? How long does it normally take? I've seen people hearing stuff back after days...:s
    Have you had your confirmation from the GTTR? If not I would contact them ...

If your just waiting on Uni's to contact you it could take any length of time depending on what theya re doing. some Unis are interviewing, some are waiting for their allocation of places. If your really worried I would contact them directly. My interview date took 2 weeks to come through with nothing other than my GTTR welcome letter.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelliezebub)
    Have you had your confirmation from the GTTR? If not I would contact them ...

If your just waiting on Uni's to contact you it could take any length of time depending on what theya re doing. some Unis are interviewing, some are waiting for their allocation of places. If your really worried I would contact them directly. My interview date took 2 weeks to come through with nothing other than my GTTR welcome letter.

good luck
    I've applied through ucas not gttr

ReputationRep:
    i applied the day after you and got 3 acknowledgemnts within a few days and a letter from ucas a week later. from what I have read on here not every uni sends acknowledgements though. How's the weather near you? maybe your post is a bit delayed from the snow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibobs)
    i applied the day after you and got 3 acknowledgemnts within a few days and a letter from ucas a week later. from what I have read on here not every uni sends acknowledgements though. How's the weather near you? maybe your post is a bit delayed from the snow?
    did you get your acknowledgement in the post or by email? That might be why tbh plus it's primary ed so it's pretty popular

ReputationRep:
    I think my acknowledgements were by email but like I said, not everyone issues them. If you haven't got the ucas welcome letter it could explain it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbarfie)
    I've applied through ucas not gttr

Whoops sorry!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.