Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ELQ - what if I start my second degree before I finish my first?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm in my third year of a History BA. I enjoy it (reasonably) but its useless for getting a job. Yeah, I know transferrable skills etc, but I want to go into the field of wildlife conservation so need a biological science degree. How anyone is supposed to know what degree they're going to need at 18 is beyond me - I'm 22 now and it's only just come to me. I have the A levels, but not the money!

Derby uni have places to get on this January, which would freeze prices at the current level. What I'm wondering, will I count as ELQ, and therefore pay the massive international student fee, as I don't graduate until June?

If anyones wondering, I'm not worrying too much about the workload overlapping - first semester doesn't take much and history only needs a lot of reading and a few big essays.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Won't work.

ReputationRep:
    You can't be on two full time degrees at the same time, surely?

Won't you have to leave your History degree in order to start the new degree in January, especially if you need student loans and a tuition fee loan?

(unless you have the funds to pay for 3/4 years)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.