Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from TSR play this Isometric MMO Masterpiece!?

I'm a level 24 Assassin/ Female.

ReputationRep:
    Used to play on private servers years ago.

Used to love the noises people made when you went PKing. Same with the other noises monsters like the mirking made.

PKing people and looting were the best things though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Used to play on private servers years ago.

Used to love the noises people made when you went PKing. Same with the other noises monsters like the mirking made.

PKing people and looting were the best things though.
    Haha yeh the sound of someone getting owned..."GIIIAUUUUUH!"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    MIR 3 is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    MIR 3 is better
    Is that one free now?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    Is that one free now?
    yes...

http://mir3.wemade.net/main/main.asp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    Anyone from TSR play this Isometric MMO Masterpiece!?

I'm a level 24 Assassin/ Female.
    Can you do me a favour and upload 144.wav or whatever from the Mir sounds folder onto something like megaupload.

IIRC, it should be the male PK noise.

Don't ask how I remember it, if it's correct.

ReputationRep:
    I played it from 2001 till 2007 (its demise) on & off. Never played this new gamepot version.

I'd probably still play if it was around. No freaking way am I starting again though, took years to get the stuff I got xD

Dragonslayer1/Teenu if anyone remembers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Can you do me a favour and upload 144.wav or whatever from the Mir sounds folder onto something like megaupload.

IIRC, it should be the male PK noise.

Don't ask how I remember it, if it's correct.
    Lol, here you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    Lol, here you go.
    Perfect.

ReputationRep:
    I vaguely remember this being featured on some gaming channel on SKY some years ago that I occasionally watched.

I think at the time the download was too big for my 56k connection and I never bothered, might give it a go now though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyP)
    I vaguely remember this being featured on some gaming channel on SKY some years ago that I occasionally watched.

I think at the time the download was too big for my 56k connection and I never bothered, might give it a go now though!
    Haha, do it. For a sprite based MMO it's pretty fun expecially when you PK. Play with friends though cus it's borin on ya own.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, didn't expect to see LoM mentioned here on TSR! :laugh:

The graphics may be primitive but it's one of those games that is somehow greater than the sum of its parts.

Me and my brother played the hell out of Mir from about 2002 to 2006 on some very modest hardware, it ran well even with 128mb of RAM. It's a shame my 56k connection kept getting me killed; I lost two plat rings and broke my guild leaders spirit sword (:facepalm:) which he'd lent me - all due to lag spikes occurring at unfortunate times. Oh and god forbid anyone wanting to use the phone while I was playing. :p:

I remember guild hunts and mining for platinum ore (we used to take turns going AFK to make sure nobody tried to PK us) and chestnut hunting. Oh, and those mystery items that I (being young and naive) got conned with on several occasions.

Yeah, Mir was amazing. It reminds one of a simpler time, when online gaming was still novel and there was a real community feeling to it. At one point I was fairly involved in the private server community, but after another year or so I stopped playing and moved on to other things.

Ah, memories. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, those Chestnuts, it's all about the fishing now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.