Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Long story short, i was beaten up by one bloke last night at 2am down some random street away from town. Took me by so much surprise i couldn't do anything, just fell over in shock and he layed into me a few times.

Got a grazed face and a cut lip, but more worried about the eye. Swollen up a bit above it, but not enough to warrant a hospital trip - it's gone down a fair bit since last night but im sure it'll be purple tomorrow.

Can i do anything to stop it bruising or settle down, or do i just grin and bare it?

ReputationRep:
    try finding some make up that will help. ask girls!
    because of the cold weather you could get away with wearing a scarf ill your mouth, other than that, might just need nature to take care of it

ReputationRep:
    Put something cold on it. I heard an old wives tale that wet tea bags are meant to help

If you want to cover it up, use the opposite colour make up to what the bruise is (like an eye shadow or something) and then cover with a bit of concealer. I know it's girly, but apparently it works well.

ReputationRep:
    A nice juicy steak.
    Or have I been watching too many cartoons?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    For the eye, hot and cold treatment, try cold-pack, then hot teabag. will reduce the swelling and diffuse the bruise (lol poet) For the lip, keep it moisterized, use some lip balm or vaseline, otherwise cut will keep opening and never heal, or potentially scar. And for the graze, use and antibacterial cream (eg savlon) to keep it supple and prevent infection and discolouring of he skin. try to keep the graze dry, it'll heal quicker. and lastly, tell the police!! Take some pictures, and if they catch him, you can sue hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.