Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, Im currently studying at the "American University of Sharjah" which is located in the United Arab Emirates. I am a finance student and have completed 2 years of study at this university.

    I moved to the United Arab Emirates around 5 years ago because my father was working in Dubai. (I did my IGCSE and AS, Cambridge system). I am a British citizen and was wondering how difficult it would be for me to move back to London to finish my studies.

    After doing some research I found out that I will be considered a foreign student, Even though I was born and raised in England ( 16 years). It says to be considered a home student you need to have lived in the UK the 3 years before you start UNI.

    Plus my current University is an American system and I will not have most of my credits transferred.

    I will be moving back to London and would like to know which universities in London will Look at my transfer script with the least contempt

    Do I just submit my application form to most of them? I am told the deadline for applying for 2011 is mid January and I feel I have not much time :confused:

    Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

    Thanks in advance any help is well appreciated

    You'll need to contact the admissions department for each university you're considering and ask them, this isn't really anything that people on TSR can give you advice about as it is a very unique situation that is individual to you. It will depend on many factors such as the level of work at your current university and your module content.

    I would advise you, however, to consider finishing your studies in UAE then if you really want to study in London, come to do a Masters or further postgraduate study instead. Given your situation and the issue with transferring your grades, this might make more sense depending on how many years you have left at your current university.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.