The Student Room Group

Transfering from the UAE

Hi, Im currently studying at the "American University of Sharjah" which is located in the United Arab Emirates. I am a finance student and have completed 2 years of study at this university.

I moved to the United Arab Emirates around 5 years ago because my father was working in Dubai. (I did my IGCSE and AS, Cambridge system). I am a British citizen and was wondering how difficult it would be for me to move back to London to finish my studies.

After doing some research I found out that I will be considered a foreign student, Even though I was born and raised in England ( 16 years). It says to be considered a home student you need to have lived in the UK the 3 years before you start UNI.

Plus my current University is an American system and I will not have most of my credits transferred. :frown:

I will be moving back to London and would like to know which universities in London will Look at my transfer script with the least contempt

Do I just submit my application form to most of them? I am told the deadline for applying for 2011 is mid January and I feel I have not much time :confused:

Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance any help is well appreciated :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
You'll need to contact the admissions department for each university you're considering and ask them, this isn't really anything that people on TSR can give you advice about as it is a very unique situation that is individual to you. It will depend on many factors such as the level of work at your current university and your module content.

I would advise you, however, to consider finishing your studies in UAE then if you really want to study in London, come to do a Masters or further postgraduate study instead. Given your situation and the issue with transferring your grades, this might make more sense depending on how many years you have left at your current university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending